Vectra C - Problems After Replacing Alternator

Richie15

Hi,

Basically I changed my alternator today on my 2.2 vectra C (2002) as my old one had stoped working, put everything back together, but when I started it alot of electrical things stopped working (rear window heater, OS windows, electric mirrors won't go down or left) just really random like that, the other sides windows work and some mirror directions work, also i drove the car to garage and back a couple of time and then the power steering warning light came on and power steering decided it didn't want to work anymore

Much like this fault on a 1.8 vectra I found on YouTube

Any help much appreciated

Richie15

sounds like something isn't connected quite right or the new alternator isn't working correctly ?

Yea as far as I know it's working, but I haven't managed to get someone to put a voltage tester on it yet, but it's not giving me the same problem as before, the battery light isn't on now, it's a new symbol of a steering wheel and a "!" And random electrical components failing

Daz

Former Staff
A faulty alternator wont always put the charge light on. u need to check to see if is charging with a multimeter 1st before u look at other things.
Power steering not working is usually a sign its not charging.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rushy

My vec c would do this, and as in the vid it was the abs plug, wd40 to the rescue. Abs, tc, indicators immobiliser and dash functions all go through the cim and for some reason the abs plug has a big affect over it. But as for the windows???

After disconnecting the power you have to reset the auto functions of the windows but they should still go up and down with your finger held on the button. Try holding your finger on the unlock button of your key fob, the windows should go down and if you hold down the lock button they should go up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2