vectra c grill modification

Dave Gilbert

These centre caps were a good price. On insignia caps all 4 delivered £12 then i had to take the badges off cut most of the lugs off the back then apoxy resin them onto my standard caps. just 3 to go.

Dave Gilbert

Isnt everything off ebay??

I dont think my car would survive without ebay.
All my vehicles ate built with ebay parts.

Christmas, birthdays everything is off ebay. Nice 1

Dave Gilbert

I allways ring local parts supliers first but 9 time out of 10 i can get it cheaper and delivered off ebay. And when looking for second hand parts or hard to find parts you cant beat ebay. I got a full power flow stainless exhaust for 150 delivered. And a k n N air filter for 10 quid bargain. Both were together worth 335 atleast. Nice 1

so parts fitted today (except the oil n filter i did them a few weeks back) just to make you all feel abit better and to help motivate you all

i never knew how s**tty it looks underneath and mite swap the rear door trim as there a slightly different colour
I have done 1 centre cap on the wheels but i will cross that off my list when all 4 are done. check it out all genuine gm parts or top quality,
View attachment 12722View attachment 12723View attachment 12724View attachment 12725View attachment 12726 i cant believe i didnt notice the difference in my old grill and new grill until tunk mentioned it. all ebay parts on a budget. the spark plugs should cost about £35 but ebay i got them for £1.30 +£6.00 shipping bargain u cant beat ebay nice 1

How easy did you find changing the fuel filter
I got one just aprehensive as been told about clips snapping

Dave Gilbert

there a bit fiddly and can be brittle, dont go ragging at them, u have to squeeze a button on the clips to get them to release.

iv done it twice on the vectra now, i recomend a GM filter.
have fun

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
there easy 2 screwdrivers in either side of the fitting then slip off
WP_000580.jpg

Dave Gilbert

so iv bought yet another grill, n it just doesnt look right to me, only thing i can think of doing is paint behind the grill black or the grill star silver but i think a silver grill would look abit s**t

grill mk3.jpg whats your thoughts ?

Matt

Administrator
so iv bought yet another grill, n it just doesnt look right to me, only thing i can think of doing is paint behind the grill black or the grill star silver but i think a silver grill would look abit s**t

View attachment 52607 whats your thoughts ?
Yeah, that doesn't look right as it stands. Not enough material stopping the silver coming through.

rushy

Its not for me I'm afraid bud. I'd deffo paint behind it black but I'd be thinking about getting some vxr style honeycomb mesh from the bay and making a unique grill with the frame you have there. I did my bottom grill with a moded vxr bonnet grill.

Dave Gilbert

im not sure about it yet, gonna give it some paint behind n see from there

iv still got the original sri grill and the ls grill painted black with new badge so i can allways change it again haha