vectra c grill modification

Dave Gilbert

hi all i love the look of the grill on the vxr with the colour coded top lip

is there a grill that looks like this for the pre facelift vectra c?

or do i just get the chrome bit painted or would that look sh*^ or could i get a grill trim off a facelift and make it fit my grill???

any ideas would be great,

sorry if iv started this in the wrong place(y) cheers dave

rushy

The Facelift grill cant be modded to fit the pre mate, ive tried, its just far too large. If you dont fancy splashing out on a Silver topped Irmy grill then a plane grill from LMF with a VX badge looks nice like the old Cav C or just paint your V but keep the badge silver. I always liked the OPC grill colour coded to the car.

awww.vectra_c.com_forum_uploader_pics_pics1_1003815b.jpg

Dave Gilbert

Sorry matt(y)

thanks for the advice on the grill,has anybody painted the V on a pre facelift grill?

and has anybody got a photo ?

Dave Gilbert

ok got another 1 for you guys?

what about the newest badges on a pre face lift grill with the V painted star silver to match the car can it be done?

what about the newest badges on the wheel centres and on the boot lid aswell? to bring it upto date?

what do you think???

Dave Gilbert

cheers for the part numbers ,i will check them out and see what happens(y)

i like the look of the grill with the matt black V that looks good,but do you think it would look better with it colour coded to match the car?

and i dint even think about the badge on the steering wheel that would look good to,i was thinking of painting the bottom part of the steering wheel like the vxr but without the badge on it.

cheers again

Dave Gilbert

iv found this on ebay to tidy the gear nob up as they all go abit funky just thought i should let you all in on it,im gonna get 1 on friday,i will let u know how it goes when iv fitted it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280798327523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

iv also asked a gaitor company who do nice italian leather gaitors with custom stitching colours to see if they can do me a black gaitor with silver or grey stitching with silver or grey SRI stitched into the side,they are letting me know next week if any bodies interested in seeing 1 or purchacing 1 let me know,nice 1

rushy

cheers for the part numbers ,i will check them out and see what happens(y)

i like the look of the grill with the matt black V that looks good,but do you think it would look better with it colour coded to match the car?

and i dint even think about the badge on the steering wheel that would look good to,i was thinking of painting the bottom part of the steering wheel like the vxr but without the badge on it.

cheers again
You can just buy the Astra H bottom spoke cover, it needs a little filing but it fits. Part number 93179295

awww.vectra_c.com_forum_uploader_pics_pics1_Wheel.jpg

Attachments

• awww.vectra_c.com_forum_uploader_pics_pics1_Wheel.jpg
    awww.vectra_c.com_forum_uploader_pics_pics1_Wheel.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,298

rushy

iv found this on ebay to tidy the gear nob up as they all go abit funky just thought i should let you all in on it,im gonna get 1 on friday,i will let u know how it goes when iv fitted it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280798327523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

iv also asked a gaitor company who do nice italian leather gaitors with custom stitching colours to see if they can do me a black gaitor with silver or grey stitching with silver or grey SRI stitched into the side,they are letting me know next week if any bodies interested in seeing 1 or purchacing 1 let me know,nice 1

Like that link mate, mine is a bit saggy also.

rushy

I always wanted a proper shifter gate, but there's just too much slack in the shifter, and I think it would look a bit gash if not made properly.

aassets.pakwheels.com_forums_2010_attachments_Automobile_News_8ec129e24169d4fadad6214d02f75ec0.jpg

Dave Gilbert

that would look mint,all you would need is a good mechine shop,they would do it out of 1 piece of billit alloy, i bet it wouldnt be that much really either.

but reverse is in the wrong place for mine..

Dave Gilbert

Hi everybody,Hi doctor nick (sorry sorry)

anyway im doing some searches for the part numbers you have given me and nobody seams to recognise thewheel centres 13242423 is there a chance its not right???

Dave Gilbert

nice 1 for that,they look proper nice.im waiting on a couple of prices of the net.

has anybody heard of 06vauxhall?

there coming up dert cheap for the parts im looking for but i cant order of the web site so im waiting on them quoting me through email, shunt take long

iv just ordered my gear knob leather so wondered if anybody knows how to get the knob off?

nice 1

Dave Gilbert

IV BEEN QUOTED FROM VAUXHALL SUPER STORE ON EBAY

Emblem 13266396 is £16.59
Centre cap 13242423 are £5 each
Cover 93179295 is £15.99

DO YOU THINK THESE ARE GOOD PRICES?

rushy

IV BEEN QUOTED FROM VAUXHALL SUPER STORE ON EBAY

Emblem 13266396 is £16.59
Centre cap 13242423 are £5 each
Cover 93179295 is £15.99

DO YOU THINK THESE ARE GOOD PRICES?
Price for the Emblem from VX was more than that 3 years ago so I think your on the right track mate.

Dave Gilbert

Hi all,iv found the centre caps for the wheels at a fiver each not bad but the same part number is for the steering wheel emblem do i need to buy a centre cap and pull the badge off or what????

cos i dont really want to do that. nice 1