vectra c facelift steering wheel swap

Dave Gilbert

title says it all really

i want to put the facelift steering wheel into my preface 52 plate. i have seen it done but wondered if its just swap them over and everything works or would i need to swap the stereo or anything else?

cheers

rushy

I think you may need to also swap the CIM mate. Not fully sure but for one I'm sure the Airbag plugs are different.

rushy

My mates GSi was full can from the factory with that heads unit. The CIM is one of the many ECU's, it stand for Column integrated Module, all dash functions go through it including ABS,TC, Dials, steering angle sensors, imobilisor...

rushy

No would need a Tech2 session as its one of the main module that lots of thing goes through. Look for user Dean Fountain on facebook or Plasma (Admin) (same guy) on the Vec forum. One of the Admin on on the facebook (Sebastian) site also is able to do the work and will have far better knowledge than me on what is needed, he'll also be able to supply the CIM.

Dave Gilbert

Just on facebook talking about the steering wheel, it can be done but gotta swap stereo and add wires and swap wires around the screen.

I only want the little lumps on the wheel hahahah.

Why so complicated.....