vectra c airbox mod

Just had a Go at my vectra c airbox mod. Here is how I got on.
DSC_0657.jpgDSC_0658.jpgDSC_0659.jpgDSC_0660.jpgDSC_0661.jpgDSC_0716.jpg
any questions please ask

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright mate I get more mpg now on longer runs and seems less sluggish around town. Worth doing as it is a free mod and if you don't like it you can just slide it back in.

rushy

The general consensus is it doesn't really do much tbh, if anything you can hear the intake more and turbo more on the 2.0T and the CDTi's. Its more of a placebo affect. You'll still notice the air filter gets dirty on one side so the flow is still following the same path.

What does work however is a K&N panel filter. Again I wont say it'll give you any more power as such but it does give a far better throttle response. I never really noticed the K&N until I put a fresh factory one back in and all of a sudden it just felt flat to drive.

More than likely Rushy. going for the K&N Panel filter next then thinking about changing my cold air feed pipe to the bottom of my bumper in the fog light insert.

wu11ie

Done this the other day and my consumption was sitting at 27.5 mpg, it's now at 27.7 with the same journey, distance, speed etc, so it must do something :)

Sent Using The Force