Vectra c 6 speed conversion

Evening guys! Having been an avid reader for some time and a vectra / vauxhall owner for a number of years and currently drive a vectra c sri 2.2 z22se and have a vectra b sri 150 estate! so id thought I finally join up!!!! So hello to all....

After reading through the site and some great reads I must say!!!! However!! One thing has caught my attention and that was the 6 speed conversion by vocky! Great work by the way! ......Anyway back to my point!

I have a vectra c 53 plate with the z22se engine and I was wondering if it can be fitted with a six speed box!? If so which 1 would be best!? M32 from petrol turbo or diesel!?? ( if it can be done)
Also would I need to change anything else!? Ie drive shafts/ different clutch/ mounts/ selector cable!/ ect
Quiet handy with the tools so don't mind tackling the job if it can be done! Thanks Rob

the only M32 which will fit is from the z22yh engine, you can also use the F40 gearbox from the z20net vectra C turbo.

The easiest way to do the conversion on a vectra C is to find a complete 6 speed set up on a vectra C at the breakers - gearbox, gear cables, gear stick assembly, driveshafts, clutch, flywheel and gearbox mounts.

Nut and bolt job, so quite straight forward (y)

Sorry to bring this post alive again. My doubt is, how hard it's to swap the f40 in an astra g Sri?? and what parts do I need to fit it? I live in Mexico and z22yh never came in manual gearbox, but there are a few saab around here. Regards

Matt

Administrator
Sorry to bring this post alive again. My doubt is, how hard it's to swap the f40 in an astra g Sri?? and what parts do I need to fit it? I live in Mexico and z22yh never came in manual gearbox, but there are a few saab around here. Regards
I've not seen anyone swap an F40 into anything. Plenty of M32 swaps, but no F40s.

Ok then I will have to get an m32 I read somewhere there is a Saturn that has already that gearbox in US. Thanks for the reply :D

As far as I know yes it is. But you need the z22yh m32 because of the position of the starting motor. Look for the thread of vocky m32 conversion

the biggest hurdle would be the driveshafts, the front mount would be the same as JohnnyN fitted to his to stop the exhaust from cracking.

i know its been along time since...but .I just wanted to let you know it is possible to swap 5sp(f23) to 6sp(f40) gearbox...or from m32 to f40...on z22se/z22yh.

Morning /Afternoon ...yes i did use the f40 z20net gearbox in z22yh and the cruise control it does work..still .But ..if u are going to do this conversion ...u got to be ..prepared...is not a straight swapp in terms of cluth..The flywheel on z20net is got 8 holes and z22se/yh is 6 holes...the cluth z20net is 240mm diam...and z22se is 230 ish mm

When u said all the parts..What does it means ..can u give me an example?...regarding flywheel...u can keep its...with 6 holes ..and match the clutch for f40 gearbox(splines)..or..the other option but involves more work...is crankshaft and no only