VECTRA C 2.2 TURBO SRI 16VALVE 250/60BHP (rolling road to let me know soon)

Dave Gilbert

been offered a vectra c z20net, with a chain jumped at 100000 miles, no wheels or headlights for 250

it has a 6 speed box and sri interior. i just dont have anywhere to strip it, i cant get it down the side of my house to the garage, i can only fit the mini down.

any suggestions? anyone want any parts? n wanna brake it with me, we can go halfs on the profits from selling the parts in return for car storage hahaha.

Dave Gilbert

looks like im buying most of a car, chains jumped and theres no headlights or wheels but all the bits i need are there. and i think i may have something for carl aswell. just need to get it from near peterbough to chesterfield

milo

you got your tweeter covers yet milo?

hopefully if this works milo we can race, n see whats better charger or turbo hahaha

Not yet bud as I'm not upgrading my speakers atm due to u know what ;) Yeah that be good but u still be p**sed when u hear the whine of the charger

Dave Gilbert

that noise is the business, i will give you that, but...... with what david dixon is saying i can be close to 270 280 bhp quite easily, so should be a good run between us on the strip ofcause.

milo

I'm only going for 240 atm as I'm not wanting to run close to the area were the word forged is used lol. Maybe in time but not planning to go they

Dave Gilbert

been offered a 100 edition in scotland aswell, 200 quid, no wheels or seats, side swipe

but noway to get it home, id have both if i could get them here.

Dave Gilbert

I'm only going for 240 atm as I'm not wanting to run close to the area were the word forged is used lol. Maybe in time but not planning to go they

im not gonna go mad, standard parts off the z20net to start with and see what happens, gonna ring cortney sport tomorrow to see if they think its do able.

corsaZ22se

sounds like its coming together for you. forced induction at last! (y)
mapping would be from £300 but as its a first and a hi bred could be more?

Dave Gilbert

Ok rang courtenay sport and they havnt ever done anything with a z20net(which I find very strange)

They have no maps for that engine and nothing to do with a c and cant give any advise on the situation.

they said to ring other vauxhall tuners. So im in limbo now. What can I do now? Or do I forget rhe whole thing?

Dave Gilbert

so just been looking around the told interweb n found some info, vocky looked into it way back in 2007 i think but the cars were just to much money at the time.

so maybe he can shed some light?

also reading that the z20net is a understroked z22se so cant be that different also the b207r is the same, so if carl can get his running i should be able to get a 2.2 running. it shouldnt be that difficult, i think its just a case of telling the ecu theres 200cc more, thats about it to get it running

then it can go on a RR for better tuning? or am i being obtuse

sorry, i have to do something to keep me sane hahaha

dewismotorsport

RS tuning are good with vauxhalls and can remap standard ecu's so might be worth a try. Andy knows his stuff and still has the fastest fwd Vauxhall in the UK :cool:

Dave Gilbert

cheers, iv tried neo brothers aswell, they just wanted to sell me the front half of a car and said swap to the 2.0 turbo(errrr i dont want to do that)

i will have a look for them

cheers

Dave Gilbert

just had this off a company on facebook.....i asked

Hi i have a vectra c z22se, i want to turbo charge the z22se engine from a z20net vectra c doner car to create a z22se turbo.

is there anyway i can get a base map on either of the ecu's just to get it running and boosting, then i can get it on a rolling road for full tuning?
and they said......

KCPerformanceYes, we can help you out, send us an e-mail at [email protected], will react to your question.

But please be advised, this isn't a smart thing to do, the compression ratio of the Z20NET is 9.5 :1 vs Z22SE: 12.0:1

Compression ratio of 12.0:1 is very high for turbo application, we reckon that the Z22SE Engine would be able to go to 185-190bhp with a boost of 0.4 - 0.5 bar, this is near the maximum for a standard Z22SE engine. We would advise a complete stroker kit to lower the compression rate if you want to go for the Z22SE.

Again if you have any question don’t hesitate to e-mail us