vectra c 2.2 sri heater problems ???????

dazla

right then people got the dreaded problem with the heater only working on number 4 .After reading on here about it thought it must be thermal fuse so replaced it and problem still persisted. so went for a new resistor but that still hasnt solved it.
any ideas guys, im stuck now. could it be a relay or the control knob or am i missing something lol. BY THE WAY ITS A 53 PLATE 2.2 SRI.

rushy

The motor may be really stiff and keeps blowing the resistor. Try putting some paper on the floor, direct the vents to the floor and get some wd40 in there via the pollen filter, also make sure the scuttle panel drain is clear as that's what's caused problem in the first place. Also pull the heater controls out and make sure both plugs are fitted right.

dazla

Cheers fella for the reply. Checked the drain hole when it first happened but all was ok. It's never been wet on the floor. The motor seems fine and loose with no squeeks or anything. It's starting to do my head in lol.

dazla

When it first happened I could hear a intermitant buzzing from fuse area in passenger side as the heater would go on and off on settings 1 2 or 3 that's why i thought it might be a relay.

dazla

right then chaps got it sorted it was relay k4 all along. the small blue one on the back of the fuse box in passenger side.just a bit of advice for everyone else if you fit a new resistor and it still doesnt work go get a new relay they are £8.40 from vauxhall........