Vectra b split aircon connector

Cmsammy

I'm really sorry about this but I have been searching for hours for an answer to this but can't find it. Thankfully I downloaded the picture I found last time I looked but that is all I have.

I believe it's a common fault that the pipe at the back left of the engine which is connected on a bracket on the head splits. I also read comments about a modified bracket.

Can anyone help me find a replacement for this bit of pipe, tell me what it's referred to as, anything except go to Vauxhall for it as they will want to sell me a huge lump of the system at £silly, I have a friend with the necessary crimping tool to install it.

Attachments

• vectra aircon pipe.jpg
    vectra aircon pipe.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 196

KevinH

Hi Cmsammy, the modified brackets were fitted as a 'silent' recall by Vauxhall as the aircon pipes were fracturing just before the filler valve (as you say).
It happened to my Vectra B after it was a year old (I'd had it for 6 months) and the bracket was fitted with a replacement pipe and re-gas all free of charge.
You will probably require new 'o' ring seals and the modified bracket otherwise the pipe will just break again. The system will require any existing refrigerant (R134a) to be extracted, then new refrigerant filled under vacuum.
I'll see if I can find some part numbers for you on Vauxhall's EPC.

Last edited:

Cmsammy

Fortunately, someone I know used to own his own garage and for some reason, kept the aircon equipment. It was when he attempted to drain, refill and re-gas the system that we discovered the fractured pipe. He can crimp the new part on IF I can get it, saves replacing the hose which disappears into the firewall to who knows where.

KevinH

OK so the part numbers you may need are:

9153602 - Pipe, Liquid Refrigerant, Condenser and Compressor
(Use in conjunction with 13114928 or 13111121)
13114928 - Bracket, Protector, RHD
11086952 - Nut, Hex, M8, Protector Fixing
11093976 - Screw, Torx, M6x12, Protector Fixing

The aircon bracket attaches to the rear left side engine lifting bracket.

...He can crimp the new part on IF I can get it, saves replacing the hose which disappears into the firewall to who knows where.

For info, 'the hose which disappears into the firewall to who knows where' is a separate one (9153603 - Pipe, Liquid Refrigerant, Evaporator) to that listed above and actually attaches to the expansion valve first which in turn is attached to the evaporator located inside the car low down behind the centre console.:)

Hope this may help !
Good luck (y)

Last edited:

Cmsammy

OK so the part numbers you may need are:

9153602 - Pipe, Liquid Refrigerant, Condenser and Compressor
(Use in conjunction with 13114928 or 13111121)
13114928 - Bracket, Protector, RHD
11086952 - Nut, Hex, M8, Protector Fixing
11093976 - Screw, Torx, M6x12, Protector Fixing

The aircon bracket attaches to the rear left side engine lifting bracket.

For info, 'the hose which disappears into the firewall to who knows where' is a separate one (9153603 - Pipe, Liquid Refrigerant, Evaporator) to that listed above and actually attaches to the expansion valve first which in turn is attached to the evaporator located inside the car low down behind the centre console.:)

Hope this may help !
Good luck (y)
As far as pictures go there's no point, I can't see any fracture but it is definitely leaking when trying to re-gas it, in fact it feels like it should be the size of the grand canyon !!

As I suspected, I can't get that joint from GM, just
Do you need the pipe with the valve in? Let me know if you do as I might still have one knocking around
No, The leak is to the right of where the bracket is connected or in other words, the joint on the end of the rubber pipe heading right in the picture.