vectra b speedo not working

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey guys im stumped my moms vectra b had a funny turn in the wet the other day and all the speedo went down
fuel/temp/revs/speed
but then came back for a week it now off again and i cant find the problem fuses all look intact
any pointers or has anyone suffered the same ?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
dont think so there is a hole in the boot floor thats causing condensation
all the lights work just not the gages

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well ive removed the clocks and plugged them back in still the same
checked the fuses it must be something to do with the feed from the engine bay

Daz

Former Staff
:( not something i have come across carl . Maybe its the clocks faulty ..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MikeS

Former Staff
haines manual and check voltages on instrument panel connector

you can check pulses for rev counter, illumination etc

corsaZ22se

if all of you gauges have gone at once i would suspect it to be a power to the dash fault or the voltage regulator on the dash its self. this is part of the dails circuit board. you may need a new/second hand set. only around £30 from a breakers.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
if all of you gauges have gone at once i would suspect it to be a power to the dash fault or the voltage regulator on the dash its self. this is part of the dails circuit board. you may need a new/second hand set. only around £30 from a breakers.
cool will have a look monday for a new set
but the went off then come back on now there gone again
what about multi timer ?
multi timer ?

MikeS

Former Staff
multi timer is connected to the instrument panel lighting however unsure about function of the panel itself

I be looking at buying a 2nd hand instrument panel and dropping it in if you are unsure ow to check voltages

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
mfd is working
speedo - no
rev counter - no
mileage display - no
water temp - no
fuel gauge - no
dash illumination - yes
fuel light - yes
P brake - yes
engine check lights - yes

also looks like a mouse has been in the engine bay but no sign of damage to wiring

i can check the wires with a multy meter but need to know there function from a wiring diagram to make sure im testing the right ones

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the clocks started working again the other day and is still working now
mom had complained about a light flashing on the dash had me mate plug in op com and it had p0110 code was cleared i,ll see if it comes back

Matt

Administrator
Nice one, although I hate it when stuff "just starts working" again, as you never be quite sure it won't happen again.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i think mom had gone flat out thru a big puddle in the rain we had last month it must be all dry now tho lol
soon find out when its wet again

Matt

Administrator
i think mom had gone flat out thru a big puddle in the rain we had last month it must be all dry now tho lol
soon find out when its wet again
a25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_magkx8wE841qkn5r5o1_400.jpg