Vectra b ecu and looms on a Astra G

dewismotorsport

as above I'm looking to swap the complete engine wiring loom and cooling system loom from a vectra b onto my Astra g as the Ecu and loom I have in my supercharger kit is mapped for a vectra b and they use relays to control cooling instead of a cooling module in the Astra g.

Anyone reckon I'll hit any problems?

Failing that it's getting the Ecu sent off to hopefully have the map swapped over to the Astra g but can't be 100% it will work.

dewismotorsport

I think so yes, when I stripped the vectra b for the engine in the coupe now it all looked the same, so I assume as long as I have the vectra coolant side it will all work as normal once the cooling module is removed

corsaZ22se

will not work, throttle pedal is different between the 2 cars. Vectra also uses different pin outs for cooling and air con (if you plan to keep air con?)
if you are using Courtenay for mapping it will be as cheep to send your astra ecu off for base map as to swap map from Vectra to astra.
im running Vectra B map on mine but need to swap to vx220 as its simpler to adjust map, less parts to do with cooling, no air con, less canbus.
more base maps already done for vx220 as well.
the throttle pedal of the Vectra b is unique to Vectra b and is a stepper motor type not wiper dual pot type as with all the other z22se cars.
some one asked this a few months ago for same reason.
engine loom is straight swap, it ecu to body that changes between the cars. swapped astra loom into mine and all ok.

dewismotorsport

Ah p**s flaps :banghead: well that's ruined that then, cheers for the info (y)

I bet it's a chew to change the pedal over too :mad:

If I'm honest I really don't want To have to get a CS base map @ £200 and then at least another £95 per hour mapping. CS maps from what I've seen are pretty crap off WOT and for that sort of cash I could convert it to run my Omex 600. Looks like I'll have to just send it off to the lad on here to try and change over, so fingers crossed that works.

corsaZ22se

it would be a pain to swap pedals over but not impossible. plus you would need to find a working Vectra b z22se pedal stepper motor. pretty rare, not stocked by gm anymore and only used on the Vectra b z22se as far as we could tell from part number.
its not just the pedal though, you also have to sort cooling system from Vectra to astra.

corsaZ22se

think it all depends on how much work you give them and what you want doing. the more I go the better I get treated.
only use them for mapping. Vectra B, corsa B, and the charged corsa C. 5 visits in total over 10 years.
under £300 for base map and tweak to it for charger.

dewismotorsport

I'm starting to think this is my only option tbh just need to bite the bullet and get a average map off them as I'm running out of time as I have bedford booked for the 28th of feb so need base map and then drive up to them to get it finished off. :mad:

I have piper cams iirc that I bought off Steve Margetts am I right in thinking this are no better than the standard z22se when using them on a sc 2.2? If so I'll sell them and the ecu