Vectra b automatic transmission

win.walid

Hello all ,

I need to replace my 2001 Vectra b 2.2l automatic transmission gearbox, but it's a little difficult to find a used one in a good condition, so I want to ask if I can use that of Vectra C, Astra G or Zafira A which have the same engine Z22SE??

Thanks for advise..

vocky

Staff
as long as the engine was a z22se there is a strong chance that the gearbox will be the same, it's possible the vectra C might have a slightly newer version.

The manual z22se gearboxes are all swappable, however they do have different final drive ratios, so it is possible that the final drive ratio or gearing will be different between models on the auto box

KevinH

Further to Vocky's reply, you will not only require to find the same type of gearbox, but also one with the same transmission code, as various models had different transmission codes, which probably meant different gearing.

The automatic transmission fitted to Vauxhall/Opel Vectra B with Z22SE engines is:
Transmission Type*.......... AF22
Transmission Code*.......... TD
Control Unit Code.............. AJ
*The transmission type/code is marked on the identification plate which is attached to the top of the transmission unit.

Opel Vectra B with Z22SE(L61) - Transmission, assy.. with converter, (ident td) - Opel part # 0701209 (GM part # 9126260)

Note for automatic transmission refitting:
1. New torque converter-to-driveplate bolts required
2. New fluid cooler sealing rings required
3. New driveshaft oil seals required

Hope that info may help. :)

corsaZ22se

the Vectra B has its own gearbox, the casings are different to all the other Z22se cars as the L/H mount on the front on the Vectra B not the top. :(

corsaZ22se

Yes, been there with buildint the 2.2 Corsa's.
This is the type of box that fits all other Z22SE Vauxhalls. (F23) mount is on top on L/H side not front.

Attachments

• Photo0167.jpg
    Photo0167.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 463

guyver51

I swap engine with auto gearbox from Zafira 2.2 ,not difficult
You can use auto gearbox from Zafira 2.2.just remove top bracket at gearbox of Zafira and look
at front of gearbox have 3 hole to bolt on Vectra B bracket
but rear bracket of Vectra B you have to shear off a bit of some metal to fit rear mount.

win.walid

You can use auto gearbox from Zafira 2.2.just remove top bracket at gearbox of Zafira and look
but rear bracket of Vectra B you have to shear off a bit of some metal to fit rear mount.

(y)(y)Many thanks, but do I have to replace the control unit also??

win.walid

Hello,

Zafira A or Zafira B??

Thanks

guyver51

from ZAFIRA A Z22SE

you can use your old transmission control unit but I suggest control unit come with gerbox is better

engine ECU and transmission ECU need 2 wire to connect together.

At engine ECU Pin 11 of X77 connect to pin 9 of trans ECU

At engine ECU Pin 27 of X77 connect to pin 10 of trans ECU

X77 is ECU connecter near side throttle body from diagram of ZAFIRA

If you look at diagram of VECTRA B connector is X69.

win.walid

Are you talking about an extra connections between engine ECU and transmission ECU, that I have to make,?? It is not enough to replace the old transmission ECU with the new one??

guyver51

transmission wiring from the two model is different.
You cannot swap by direct plug.
The two wires I mention above are signal engine ECU talk to transmission ECU must be correct pin.
I suggest you get TIS2000 program to see wiring diagram to correct connection.