Vectra B 52 interior light and alarm

Hi guys,

A few days ago I had my alarm go off twice in almost non stop fashion. I then noticed my interior light was on constantly shortly after and figured maybe it was related. All door pins turn the puddle lights on and off so figure it's not that. Anyway couldn't really find what was up so pulled the fuse til I have time and knowledge to investigate short of pulling the car apart bit by bit. Anyway this morning at just gone 5 am the alarm has gone off about 4 times one after the other and has now stopped. Obviously I can't have the alarm just going off randomly so wondered if you guys might have a clue as to what the hell is going on lol.

I have festoon led bulbs all round inside if that makes a difference.

vocky

Staff
have you checked the boot switch, that sometimes also activates the interior light. But it might also be worth removing the led lamps as a test

Magmushroom

I have had led bulbs all round my interior for a couple of years now with no ill effects.
Check you've not got a wire trapped behind the lights when putting them back or if you've only recently changed the bulbs to led then you could also check they're not too long, causing a short between the terminals & or where any switches are, that they're fitted correctly and not causing any interior lights to stay on permanently. As vocky said, check the boot switch & also the one under the bonnet.

The alarm also has ultrasonics fitted too the interior of the vehicle, sometimes if I leave a window open or if I have to leave a living thing locked inside, the alarm will sound. Pushing the alarm button on the dash before you exit & lock up or iirc just one push on remote locking arms the alarm without ultrasonic sensors. Could try that to try & isolate where the problem lies?