Vectra B 2.2 Manifold change

Pwhite30

Hi all im looking for a bit of advice really, i drive a vectra b 2.2 sri and have just started to get the clicking/ticking noise from cold, removed heatshield to find a small crack in the middle of the exhaust manifold, have found another manifold (second hand), but have never fitted one of these before, is there any problems i may come accross? or is it just a case of unbolting the cracked one and bolting the other one back on? Thanks

jwalker

I did the very same job this weekend, use some penetrating fluid on the nuts first and then remove with a 13mm socket. There are three bolts that connect the downpipe to the manifold, these have 16mm nuts on the underside. You might want to replace the gaskets, I never as mine were only a few months old.

I did it without jacking up the front of the car, but you might find it easier to do so, especially when disconnecting the downpipe

Pwhite30

I did the very same job this weekend, use some penetrating fluid on the nuts first and then remove with a 13mm socket. There are three bolts that connect the downpipe to the manifold, these have 16mm nuts on the underside. You might want to replace the gaskets, I never as mine were only a few months old.

I did it without jacking up the front of the car, but you might find it easier to do so, especially when disconnecting the downpipe

Thanks for the quick reply, will prob have a go at mine a bit later and post results, Cheers