vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri direct won't rev over 4000rpm on hard acceleration, HELP

I would go with Fuel pressure regulator first it's the cheapest option. I done both on my 2.2 direct and it was only the FPR that was at fault.

gavuna

the z22se is not direct injection so has no HP fuel pump
if the ecu puts the engine in to limp mode there will be a stored code pinpointing the problem

Thanks Graham2704 but my vec does not have a FPR. evocarlos I did a code scan and got P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit High and U02106 Invalid data from TCM. I had the fluid changes and later valve body opened, checked the solenoids which turned to be OK and cleaned the valve body, all with no joy. the car is still in limp mode, reverse bang and very heavy forward with manual 2nd and 5th only. the gear box is AF23 I am reality running out of options. One tech removed the Manifold Lamba sensor, switched on the the car and some how the rev went beyond 4500 rpm but I could not stand the noise and asked them to stop. He concluded that there could be the blockage in the manifold and wanted to strip open tclean it. I refused and told him I think I could be the sensor rather. I have got the sensor yet, and was thinking before I go for major spending, maybe i should first seek for opinion and maybe look for a sensor, saw couple of them in ebay priced at around USD 110.

Last edited:
Thanks Graham2704 but my vec does not have a FPR. I did a code scan and got P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit High and U02106 Invalid data from TCM. I had the fluid changes and later valve body opened, checked the solenoids which turned to be OK and cleaned the valve body, all with no joy. the car is still in limp mode, reverse bang and very heavy forward with manual 2nd and 5th only. the gear box is AF23 I am reality running out of options. One tech removed the Manifold Lamba sensor, switched on the the car and some how the rev went beyond 4500 rpm but I could not stand the noise and asked them to stop. He concluded that there could be the blockage in the manifold and wanted to strip open to clean it. I refused and told him I think I could be the sensor rather. I have got the sensor yet, and was thinking before I go for major spending, maybe i should first seek for opinion and maybe look for a sensor, so couple of them in ebay priced at around USD 110.
Hi sorry my reply wasn't to your comment/post