Vauxhall have done it now - If yours sounds like dogs arse

spickee

If you take it back in to vx, make sure your oil level is tip top, took mine in last week fully armed with plenty of information regarding the field remedy etc. Stupidly I hadn't checked the oil for about two weeks and done a fair few miles before taking it in. Grease monkey in the garage has reported that the oil was 2l low. Now 1L I could understand as it's not been checked for a week or two and is fairly juicy on oil.

Got my case reference with vx for this and had a very nice phone call from a chap there telling me that had this not come back as being a neglected vehicle then they would be willing to stump up about 70% towards the cost of any necessary repairs. But as my oil was this low they won't give me a bean.

Now comes the fun bit, I have got to get back into Crownhill Vauxhall and argue with the grease monkeys and Service manager, and probably take this up to the MD there to try and get some satisfaction.

Just a warning to make sure you have to waste some oil before you take it in.

Matt

Administrator
That sound to me like they are trying to fob you off. If you pester them enough, I'm sure they will give in a bit.

I've got to go back to VX dealer today and argue that they have sold me a faulty car. Basically I'm referring them to the Sale of Goods Act -

Key Facts:

• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

• Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

At the time the dealeship sold me my car, they were aware that my car had a faulty oil nozzle. VX have to admit that the old nozzle is faulty because of the recall notice they served on this problem.

Let's see what VX have to say today :?

spickee

Well after much toing and froing, it finally went into Crownhill VX on Monday after VX customer service agreed to 50% contribution.

Was quoted about £150 by the nice chap Vince on the Service counter. So dropped it off and left it hoping for the best.

Got a phone call late Monday to say it hadn't been finished but they had taken it off and the tensioner was snapped, thought it had sounded even worse on driving it down there. So he'd go back to VX and see if he could get them to up the contribution.

Came back to me Tuesday afternoon, all done sir, Vauxhall didn't give me anymore but I'll get the cost as far down as I can. All in £210.

What a difference, it doesn't sound like the same engine, it purrs on startup and idles almost silently. Wait and see if the fuel economy goes back up again, wife was down to about 250 on a full tank.

Full credit to Crownhill Vauxhall who after being presented with printouts of the field remedy and pictures of the parts that should be and the letters to and from other people they took up the case and got it sorted. Luckily before the engine went bang.

It cost me 210 quid but I've got a car I'm not worried about driving for the next 50k miles.

If you've got the same problem then push and push and push, with your dealer and Vauxhall customer care.

Big thanks to everyone on here who have helped out with information and links. Good luck to anyone else in the same situation.

goatboy

thats a good result!
£210 to get the chain replaced is a bargain anyway. sounds like you got it sorted just in time :roll: