urgent help

Hi all need some help. I have just conerted my 1.6 to the z22se and now having a problem with fuel system. I have changed the fuel pumps over and all well tell I drive it it suddenly cuts out and wont start again I take it apart ajust it and it works again but only for the same to happen again. Also my fuel gadge just drop after filling with 20 quid over a matter of minutes cant see a noticable leak. Mabe have return line mixed up under car? any one able to shed some light. Also speedo not working havent changed brakes have orginal 1.6 onea on there . Many thanks people

corsaZ22se

is it in an astra g? sounds like you have a wiring fault. speedo could be the same or the bcu not being able to understand the ecu? im having trouble with the speedo on my corsa c z22se. it gives wild readings, some kind of interfearance with the signal but not had time to do much about it yet. did you fit a 2.2 loom or just join the 2.2 to the 1.6 loom?

Ive replaced both engine and dash looms , so I know it connected properley, I think I know that the speedo is out as I dont have the abs sensor connected but does anyone know how to get around this but my main problem deffinTley the fuel when I open the pump and reposition it it works but only for certain amount of time then problem repeats . My fist test drive was lazt night so went and put petrol in the the gauge just started xropping rapidly over a out a mile. Dont know if the fuel pump seal is not on properly which is causkng it?

corsaZ22se

the fuel pump runs when the key is turned on then cuts out if the engine isnt started but comes on again when you start the engine, yours may not be getting the signal from the engine to keep running? try powering the fuel pump relay directly from the battery and see what happens? if it cures it you have a wiring fault if not fuel pump or relay.

Sweet guys had a look again and found a split In the fuel line must have been losing pressure cos of it, so thats one thing sorted.
any ideas on the speedo guyys? As im not installing the brakes at th moment, just wanna get it working

Daz

Former Staff
If the car hasnt got abs it will still havev a n/s/f abs sensor which does the speedo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2