Treating the astra to this!

patricks

A bit pricey but apparently if filters down to 30 microns whereas as a paper filter only traps particles that are 40 microns or higher. Also increases oil pressure and its reusable :) Available from http://www.fmsrperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=322

metal filter.jpg

identiti66

I was thinking about these (and their availability) just the other day!!..

Would find it hard to justify the cost (although, straight from the factory, it would've circumvented the filter paper blocking the nozzle on the timing chain jet eh?)

patricks

Good call i never thought of that! The extra oil pressure adds to engine longevity and so does the fact it filters smaller particles :) yeah but pricey:(

patricks

Wow that is expensive!, each to there own but I would just use a standard OEM one and change it every 3K.

Yes very pricey :( but if my engine lasts longer then its worth it - small particles below 40 microns are what cause most engine damage. I want to reach 700,000km and i think ill get there. Then its on to my next car ive always wanted one of these but they never made it to Australia in manual transmission guise :mad:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mercedes-Benz-SLK320-2001/SSE-AD-3530285/?Cr=3

jwalker

I would be very surprised if this makes any difference at all, this is the same company that says their air filters give an increase in horsepower and acceleration.

But each to their own :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I would be very surprised if this makes any difference at all, this is the same company that says their air filters give an increase in horsepower and acceleration.

But each to their own :)
my car has a k&n air filter so maybe its tru lol
that would be a great post for the 340hp sc Astra thread on vx220.dot lol the toys would be every where
I do remember someone telling me the tiny k&n air filter I used to have on would not make more than 240hp it did make 273hp that day lol

in truth tho I only use a k&n filter due to its wash ability and reusability the other types of foam filters work but wont come clean the dirt gets deep in the pile and wont come out