traction control / vectra b 01

Mark_647

Hi guys !!

Wonder if you can help ? Ive just fitted my traction control switch to my vectra after having it sat on my computer table for weeks !!! Ive used the illumination and earth wires from the heated seat switch. Does this sound ok to you as i dont think i wil bother with heated seats ? (Can i safely use that earth wire ?)

Also, I havent connected the new wire that goes to the passneger side traction control wire yet as ive run out of time. Is it ok to leave that wire unconected while i use the car until i get time to connect it ? (Ive taped the end over)

Thanks very much !!
Mark notsure.gif

Andy

yeah you can use the wires from the heated seat switch, thats what i did as i won't be using them.

as long as the wire is well insulated then it should be fine untill you get round to connecting it.

Mark_647

Cheers both, big help, thanks for the update on the how 2 too !!! ill do it soon !! I would like soem leathers so am considering heated seats, ill just buy a new connector and earth the TC should i do it.

One other thing, do they make leathers with air bags ? i can only seem to find some with just the heated seat element ?

Thanks again !!! :D

vocky

Staff
you can get full leather seats with side airbags, but they have to be from a 2001> vecB

cdx are easier to find, but not recaro style :(

sri full leather are 'hens teeth' :roll:

Mark_647

Cheers !

Are the sri leathers different to the cdx leathers ? definately not getting some without airbags, it seems silly to get rid of mine for normal ones if you see what i mean lol !!!

One more question lol would you recommend scotch-locking the new traction wire to the red/black wire or buy one of those little connectors to do the job more professionaly ?

Cheers guys. :D

Daz

Former Staff
I wudnt use either tbh,,get the wires soldered up and heat shrinked tidy..

Hareng

Just strip back about 10 to 12mm of plastic sleeving and stuff it in pin 30, there is no cable going in there and secure when top is closed back down.

wmguk

Hareng said:
Just strip back about 10 to 12mm of plastic sleeving and stuff it in pin 30, there is no cable going in there and secure when top is closed back down.

I did this, but after i fitted it, each time i pressed the button the speedo drops to 0mph while the button is pressed :(

Spent ages looking, took pics but just couldnt tell why it was doing that, cause it was in pin 30 :(

any thoughts?

Hareng

As said earelier pin 30 worked on mine.
Done it some months ago but remember same symptoms connected to other red/black wires close by. On mine there is a red/black feed in pin 30 and nothing on the output side hence a hole if you like.
Not shorting out on pin 31 is it or inserted in wrong slot. It is mumbered on the underside but will have to count how many wires in etc.