Traction Control update for astra

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_597_Image006_Small_1.jpg

so i fitted my TC switch some problems but it all sorted itself out ..as i followed the TC guide off this site just thought i would add some of the different ways it can be done
1. as for the wire in that goes in to the abs plug there's a pink plastic insert that holds the wires in place i found it easier to push this out enabling easy insertion of the new wire and plug.
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image268Small.jpg

ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image269Small.jpg

2.as for the wiring loom that comes in the kit (part number in the how to pdf) there is only 1 wire needed to go in to the engine bay the other to can be picked up inside the car..
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image272Small.jpg

3. i remover all the wires from the blue plug on the loom then run the one brown/white wire to behind the ashtray as for the other wires my car has no heated seats but it has the plugs for them hence the other two wires
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image273Small.jpg

4.on the heated seat plug there is a small yellow plastic insert that can be removed with a screw driver this enables you to remove the wire pins the tow wires you need are the brown-earth and grey/yellow-switch illumination see how Ive moved the two wires from the green plug to the blue plug and this has worked for me..
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image275Small.jpg

Round

I've heard that some cars may already have a blue plug behind the ashtray you can just plug into. this true??

richard

some cars do i thought i had it as there was a blue connector behind ash tray but it wasnt the right one so just beware saying that was still easy to fit following the how to guide :D