took the snow foam plunge

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
so i finally made the decision to buy a snow foam kit on there way from clean your car :)
got some 3000grit and a rubbing block just to try out see if i can make the car more shiny
Snow Foam Lance - Connection Type - Lavor fitting
Meguiars Hyper wash
Pump Dispenser - Gallon Bottles
Meguiars Unigrit 3000 paper
Meguiars Sanding Backing Pad

milo

Good stuff. Just dont go mental and have it like shaving foam on the car!! As it'll do f**k all in removing dirt. What snow foam u gone for? Valet pro is best for cleaning and autobrite best for showing off foam

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Good stuff. Just dont go mental and have it like shaving foam on the car!! As it'll do f**k all in removing dirt. What snow foam u gone for? Valet pro is best for cleaning and autobrite best for showing off foam
megs hyperwash 400:1

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the bits came today from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ thanks to the guys there for the rapido service :)
well packaged and all intact (but packed in peanuts hate them things lol)
WP_001023.jpg

set it all up with warm water in the bottle and 2 short squibs in the bottle
it went like this left it for a few mins then blasted it off with the jetwash came up pretty clean and it had removed all the traffic film from the trip up to Liverpool
WP_001024.jpg

went over it again with the hyper wash and did a single bucket wash
the suds were great its what ive been missing from my wash cycle all this time
WP_001025.jpg

i used the megs ultimate wash in the bucket and the hyper wash boosted the suds i like it
WP_001026.jpg

will give the car a good going over at the weekend and then get the 3000 grit on the go :)

Last edited:

milo

Only problem I'm getting with the snow foam is that my surface is that smooth and slick finish the foam/shampoo struggles to stay on lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Only problem I'm getting with the snow foam is that my surface is that smooth and slick finish the foam/shampoo struggles to stay on lol
the passenger door was the part that was cleaned really well last after i clayed it and went over with the mop it even seamed to stick well to that but that car was dirty i but it would be the same if mine was super polished like yours lol :)

i did also try to do it with cold water in the lance but the soap just sank to the bottom and would not separate lol had to shake it up real well and it seamed alot thinner than when using the warm water so warm water from now on

I've already decided how I'm going to kill my time down at yours @evocarlos
how that washing my car? lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Next time try it neat in the lance bottle. Then see how much it foams up.
lol its to expensive for that 1 full squib will be enough :)

i was surprised how well it shifted the brake dust from the wheels they need a proper powered coat refurbish now tho

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well have washed the car a couple of times now with the snow foam tried 4 pumps its to much and think 3 full pumps is just right
the snow foam lance stopped working afters its 1st use ended up having to take the air bleeder out and washing it thru seems ok now must remember to rinse it after use lol

heres 3 pumps of megs hyperwash
WP_001033.jpg

good coverage and foaminess
WP_001034.jpg

6-10 mins later :)
WP_001036.jpg

got it so that im left with about 4" in the bottom of the bottle so i blast the crap off then recoat with the remaining then hand wash the wash mit only went in the bucket 2 times for the whole car lol

i did get the mop out to do the whole car but had a ruff weekend sanding a boat my shoulders were having none of it lol
WP_001060.jpg

meguiars ultimate polish after a quick clay job
WP_001062.jpg

i do like the ultimate range but then i have always used megs on this car other than the ag hd wax only used that a few times
WP_001063.jpg

tried to re enact the pic @Matt took at PVS its no where near lol
WP_001065.jpg