tilt mechanism broken on passenger seat

MiTcH_SRI2.2

Hi guys and girls, im looking to buy some linea rossa interior for my car the interior is mint apart from the tilt mechanism on the passenger seat not working, he says he thinks the cables broke. Is it an easy fix?

Daz

Former Staff
Changing the cables is a ballache. Got to strip the seat back right down to the frame and getting at the cable even then is guaranteed to cut ure arms to bits

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MiTcH_SRI2.2

Changing the cables is a ballache. Got to strip the seat back right down to the frame and getting at the cable even then is guaranteed to cut ure arms to bits

Thanks daz. I wont be having a go myself then. do you know how much it would cost for someone to put it right? I managed to get 70 off the asking price hopefully that should cover the price to put it right.

Daz

Former Staff
Its a good few hrs work. So could be £100 or more in labour plus parts

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
is that the one ad is selling ?
i stripped a seat down the other day to change the subframe its a right pain not that bad but you will need the parts to replace the broken ones
and like daz said all the edges are razor sharp

Attachments

• WP_000305.jpg
    WP_000305.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 176

MiTcH_SRI2.2

is that the one ad is selling ?
i stripped a seat down the other day to change the subframe its a right pain not that bad but you will need the parts to replace the broken ones
and like daz said all the edges are razor sharp

? No im getting it off a guy who works in a vauxhall salvage yard. For all the faff about and the risk of balls'n it up id sooner pay someone whos done it before, hopefully it wont rip my wallet in 2.

MiTcH_SRI2.2

Good question. Bit of both I wud say.

Iv just asked my mate to ask his dad to have a look at it, he restores cars as a hobby, thought he might be the right guy to do it as he does both mechanical and uphostery on his restoration projects, plus he might be a tad cheaper aswell

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
? No im getting it off a guy who works in a vauxhall salvage yard. For all the faff about and the risk of balls'n it up id sooner pay someone whos done it before, hopefully it wont rip my wallet in 2.
oh right well theres 2 sets floating about in the wild atm :)