Tidied the Arches up

Sjdickso

Staff
Well the rear or the arches on my Astra had just started to blister on the inner lips, and thought I needed to sort it out sooner rather than later, after some advice from Carl and online.

I bought a Dintrol kit.

I went to the local garage with a high pressure washer jetted off as much muck from the arches. Let it dry then the following day rubbed down the inner arches the amount of dried dirt on the drivers side was horrific.

I then cleaned the area again and sanded down the arch lip, using quite coarse paper, I moved on to a grinder with some attachment a friend gave me and there wasn't any real rust it came through a bare metal without too much work.

Below is when I started the prep work.

DSC_0375.jpg

once this was done I gave the arches a coat of Kurust this was left to dry while doing that I gave the discs a light coat of VHT paint and the callipers a touch up with smooth Hammerite.

I then masked off and used the Dintrol kit on the arches / the lip and then all inside the arches.

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

After drying and removing the masking tape I fitted the wheels and let to dry for another 24hrs

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

I admit it isn't a total mint job, the edges need flatting back but unless you bend down and look at the lip of the arches you wont see it and I now know it is better protected now.

I just need to do the rest of the chassis and underneath the car.