Thanks Adrian Flux

Matt

Administrator
Had my renewal price this morning with Chris Knott, and it's gone up quite a bit from last years premium.

Called up Adrian Flux, and they have beat the quote by over £100, and reduced my excess by £200, so I'm a very happy chappy :D

mazza 2.2

Nice one Matt, im with Influx and they offered me a quote well below any other insurance companies. But i just know i'll get stung again when it comes to renewal. I may even give Chris Knott a shot. dunno..

astra22bertoneauto

I found Chris Knott was cheaper but the little "extras" like windscreen repair was chargeable and with Adriax Flux I could pay over 4 months with only £10 per month fees. Also as Adrian Flux already had my documents etc on file and as they were only £20 dearer on the premium I decided to stay with them for my 6th year!!!!

I alwayts find they will price match as best they can or even if they £20 - £30 dearer, its the little "extras" that are included!

MikeS

Former Staff
the hidden admin fees are the big things to watch out for

for example you sell your car and insure and older cheaper car you got, you reckon your insurance is reduced then you find out they charge you £50 to change your policy by way of admin fees

Matt

Administrator
Most things are like that now, charging rediculous "admin" fees.

I've never had any problems with Chris Knott, last year they were cheaper for the VXR than Adrian Flux, but my policy this year was almost £1000 with everything included.

Adrian Flux was only £40 more expensive than the cheapest quote I could get using the comparison sites, but NONE of them would protect my no claims, and almost all will load the policy for modifications.

i really need to call one of these two, i swapped my policy from my passat to the vectra with a £70 admin fee for the remainder of the policy, now i have a renewal of £882 :( from £395 this year, and that is with no modifications declared, i really wont be prepared to shell out nearly £900 for a 2.2 sri!, so gonna give they 2 a call in next few days (y)

Matt

Administrator
Don't forget to mention you are a member on here, and they'll give you a bit of a discount as well.

mazza 2.2

Matt said:
Don't forget to mention you are a member on here, and they'll give you a bit of a discount as well.

When i started the policy with influx i wasnt a member of this forum, do you think it would be worth phoning them up to see if i can get a discount or keep dreaming untill renewal?