Z22SE Temperature guage or other issue??

milo

Been having issues with my tempature in the last month or so, where its taking ages for the guage to move. Now my journey to work is 25miles each way and its taking around 10miles of driving for it to start moving, which i dont find right?? I know the car is warm as the heat is coming from the vents within mins:confused: But this moring in the whole journey to work the gauage never moved and at work now I've left the car ticking over and it took 40mins for the gauage to move so i left it and worked its way to middle then kicked the fan in etc. So have i got a problem somewhere? Surely it shouldnt take that long for the car to come to temp and register on the gauage?? Advise plz:)

milo

I change the sensor first rule that out. Then no joy check that. Is it a big issue if the thermostat is stuck open?

milo

Quick update...

New CTS on its way from matt cheers bud.

New thermostat on its way from courtenay sport cheers matt again.

So today i let the car tick over for 20mins before leaving work. Temp sitting nice between 80 and 90. Start driving and it cools all the way to zero lol. So hopefully one of these fixes the problem.

milo

That will be the thermostat id say.

Did u get your tweeter covers ok?
Awww f**k lol

Head been up ass lately been working long hours ready for step upto area manager start of next year. I'll sort that out soon, I should have the ebay link in the txt u sent me.

Just hope its easy jobs to change them over so i dont get a big bill from my local mechanic.

Dave Gilbert

Hahahaha. Sorry I wasnt thinking fully hahhaa. Im sure carl will be able to talk you through it step by step. Iv never had to do it so I dont know how to on my engine but normally a jubilee clip n 3 8mm bolts for the thermostat. Not sure on the sensor.

milo

I'm not doing it lol.

I keep mechanics in jobs :)

Carl will say how much help i am on helping to do jobs lol.

Dave Gilbert

Hahaha. U cant be that useless

I would say a garage is robbing you if they say any more than 15/20quid to fit a thermostat. N id say thats to much. Im not sure about a z22se but on the corsa n a mini its a 5minute job.

milo

All back to normal.....Car sits between 80-90 degrees and doesn't go back to zero when driving.

Had a look at the old thermostat and the seal had gone which was letting all the water pass.

Happy Days!! On with getting the supercharger ordered :)

Dave Gilbert

You must be loaded hahaha.

how much is a thermostat now adays

last 1 I bought was about 12 quid n fitted in about 2 mins. Glad its sorted.