Tax Code

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I recived my P60 this week from work. The tax code on my payslip from last week was 747L. The final tax code on my P60 was 647L. I think last year I made just over 32k. This year I did not make as much as we have had 10% taken off our wage and work was not as busy at some points. This year I made 2814.55. So what tax code do I go with, the one at the bottom of my P60 or the one thats on this weeks wage slip notsure.gif . Also whats with the two figure at the bottom of the P60 for what you have eared this year, one is Pay and the other is Tax deducted. This is mine..................

P60 Info:
Pay:....................Tax Deducted:

MikeS

Former Staff
647l is last years tax code as your personal allowance was 6500 of paye tax meaning anything yhou make for last year 6500 of it is tax free

this year as part of the government initiative to help people into work they have raised the threshold to 7500 thus tax code 747l however i think you pay 40% tax on 35000 now instead of 37000

use this calculator if you are unsure of how much you have been taxed

http://listentotaxman.com/

if you have been taxed too much then contact hmrc in august and ask for a refund

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Right I am stuck on something. Can you remember when I left my work place then went back a few weeks later, well my wage slip from my main job changed. They started my how much I had earned in the year to nothing again. I have just been looking at my P60 again and it said I have only made 17k last year notsure.gif . Now I know thats wrong. So I am sitting here now looking at my P60 not knowing how much I made last year :confused: . Should I have had a P60 from Nissan as well when I went back to them for those few week? When I went back to my main job my wage for that year should have just continued as normal, I am at a loss not knowing how much I have made now :(

MikeS

Former Staff
yeh but leave it a few months

contact hmrc and ask for a statement of your tax earnings for the last financial year 10/11

they will give you a break down of everything you earnt and if you require a refund

not a lot you can do other than contact employers directly but it is a busy time with financial year end

Mark Dj

Former Staff
That HMRC web site is hard to work out, I can't find the section I need notsure.gif . I know I have made more than 17k this year :confused: . Cheers Mike

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Right today I phoned up my work place office and asked to speak to the lass who does the wages and who sorted out my P60, another lass came on and said she was not at her desk :roll: , I told her what I wanted her for and she had a word with our accountant :ugeek: . He said to her I should have had all the details for my work place on my P60 and it was not right, so I don't know what they are going to do about it, but it's not right. Can my work place get me another one sorted out, more up to date? Cheers

Eleven1

I recived my P60 this week from work. The tax code on my payslip from last week was 747L. The final tax code on my P60 was 647L. I think last year I made just over 32k. This year I did not make as much as we have had 10% taken off our wage and work was not as busy at some points. This year I made 2814.55. So what tax code do I go with, the one at the bottom of my P60 or the one thats on this weeks wage slip notsure.gif . Also whats with the two figure at the bottom of the P60 for what you have eared this year, one is Pay and the other is Tax deducted. This is mine..................

P60 Info:
Pay:....................Tax Deducted:

Hi Mark Dj,

Honestly speaking I've been there personally and you're not going to get too far dealing with this via your company or speaking with accountants. The best thing to do is gather up all the relevant information you need (by the sounds of it most of it is sorted) and get on the phone to HMRC, give this site a visit it'll help you make sense of things beforehand and fill in any blanks regarding your tax deductions/what you should be getting taxed accurately: https://www.income-tax.co.uk/

Once you do speak to HMRC and if you have the relevant information they'll be able to advise you accordingly and save you the headache of getting passed on person to person.

Good luck mate! ;)