Resolved TapaTalk Broken

Matt

Administrator
As per their usual quality updates, TapaTalk is broken again after the latest release. You can't browse the forum / categories through the app after this update.

I've reported it on their support site, but I'm not holding out for a speedy fix.

2013-08-07 21.22.09.png

guy 27

I'm not using the new app but latest update of the old one.
Can view everything as per normal.
Only thing is when it opens the forum popup says unavailable like as if I don't have data connection. Goes away after 1 second.

bigdunk1985

Mine is working fine when browsing or replying to threads, but it is showing this error every time I connect to the forum:

tapatalkz22se.png

Tapatalk v2.4.13
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305, running Android 4.2.2

Matt

Administrator
Hmm. I'm on V2.11 on the iPhone. I've got my iPad with me, and just got the VPN working.

2013-08-08 01.06.13.png

bigdunk1985

might be worth deleting your account from your tapatalk app and then re-adding it

failing that remove then reinstall the app

i've had this problem a few times after tapatalk updates. usually a reinstall of the app works

Matt

Administrator
can you downgrade the app until a fix is released ?
Not very easily, because the way add-ons work in XF, you can only upgrade them, and not down grade. You also can't download older versions from TapaTalk. I'll see what I can do now though.

bigdunk1985

ah yes, just seen your post on Tapatalk support, while checking my own dashboard on there for any updates for phpbb

making me think whether i should hold off

Matt

Administrator
I've not seen an update for phpBB for a while now. This update is supposed to bring TapaTalk in line with the latest release of XenForo 1.2 and the new features that were introduced.

I can access the tapatalk files from my mirrored site at home, but I don't have a copy of the XML install file from the previous version to install it.

Matt

Administrator
OK, I've been able to manually edit the install XML file, and set the version number to be higher than the currently installed one, and re-installed V1.7 with the manual edits to make it work correctly with XF1.2. Should all be back to normal again now.

Matt

Administrator
This is why I hate TapaTalk, and would rather remove it! It's working fine now on both my iPhone and iPad :banghead: