SXI 2.2 C-TYPE Mods

Hi a little help please,will my car run better with panel filter,or k&n or wont it make any difference on an 02 plate vactra.would a re-map or new chip make it more responsive,im not into mechanics :( any other things i might be able to do my self. thanks people.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Don't get confused with chipping and remapping. Its the same thing nowadays. Years ago it used to be chips but now the ECU has a flash card in it which basically gets re-written with a new program for fuelling.

There is a difference between a live map and a generic map though. A live map is one which is unique to your engine and is done on the rolling road. A generic one is a Superchips map which is a program that has been set up on a test car and is then used on all cars. That go for Superchips.

Matt

Administrator
gingercommoncarp said:
what sort of exhaust,and how much would it cost me fitted approx vocky.

Cost for a full exhaust can depend on who does it, and what materials are used. Most full cat back systems I've seen custom made cost between £500 and £600 fitted. If you were to go to a place such as ExhaustsUk in Sheffield, you can also tell them what sort of exhaust note you want, and they can tune the box for you as they are making it.

Matt

Administrator
JohnnyN said:
I had a custom made stainless steel cat-back system fitted by LongLife for £275.

Bloody hell, thats a very good price. Either that, or where I went ripped me off!

philip1

I went with a full induction kit on mine with a custom 2.25in cat back. not only does my car pull harder it seems to get better milage too

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Matt said:
JohnnyN said:
I had a custom made stainless steel cat-back system fitted by LongLife for £275.

Bloody hell, thats a very good price. Either that, or where I went ripped me off!

SORRY CHAPS!! My statement of the above figure of £275 was complete and utter 8ollocks!! I looked up the receipt and it was £374 inc. VAT fitted. This also had a 10% discount on it because I was a member of VxlSCC. Its been on there 2 years now too!!

:oops: :LOL: :oops: