Supercharging the blue lady project

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you should see how big they are on my engine atm :)

you cant go this big with a z22se head

WP_20141229_16_50_51_Pro.jpg

tofferson

Fitted all the Pistons and when I found my grease that came with rods I fitted end caps and torqued them up, had to use my big torque wrench tho as my small one was in nm and only goes up to 25 lol I would have needed 58.3 nm that's equivalent 43 ft lb but my big one does both readings so used that
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Had a stupid moment whilst fitting, I had the block bore side down on my rubber Matt and struggling to turn the crank, after a while I realised that the rubber mat was creating a seal against end of bores so when I turned crank it created a vacume lol

tofferson

Does anyone no the part numbers for all the gaskets to do with the water pump the o ring at both ends of the tube and all the housing ones I have searched and cannot find anyone selling them without having to buy a pump too, haven't been able to go to the dealership due to working 5000 hours a week lol was hoping to order online.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
pump to block 24439799 -SEAL, RING, WATER PUMP TO CYLINDER BLOCK

middle pump seal 24446365 -SEAL RING, WATER PUMP

thermostat housing to block 90537471 -GASKET, THERMOSTAT HOUSING TO CYLINDER BLOCK

o ring for link tune x2 90537379 -'O'RING, PIPE, THERMOSTAT HOUSING

thermostat seal 3522676 --GASKET, THERMOSTAT HOUSING TO CYLINDER HEAD

pictorial view
http://www.oemautopartsandaccessori...lstice-2007/vtec/188565/pid/029dca77b308ad00/

tofferson

Ok so I've replaced both strut top bearings, 1 wheel bearing, a cv boot, had 4 wheel alinement and 2 new proxys on front.
Wow what a difference it now goes round corners again and I'm sure there's less road noise too.

tofferson

I have a standard z22se head that I was going to port but now I'm thinking is there a point and should I just get Saab head.
Is there really a big difference between the 2 once ported?, I no you can open the Saab up more but is it really noticeable on the power gains?
Other than the obvious difference like the spark plugs and exhaust valves
Is there big benifits having the Saab on a supercharged application?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the inlet manifold is match to the supercharger manifold on the saab head
its overall stronger than the z22se head ""out the box""
exhaust cam is full lenth not cut like the z22se
there's more tolerance on the saab head being sand cast thicker in places than the z22se
better plugs imo no risk to crack the head
and no egr system to worry about
you would have to sort something out with the rocker cover do as i have done and mod a coil pack

tofferson

the inlet manifold is match to the supercharger manifold on the saab head
its overall stronger than the z22se head ""out the box""
exhaust cam is full lenth not cut like the z22se
there's more tolerance on the saab head being sand cast thicker in places than the z22se
better plugs imo no risk to crack the head
and no egr system to worry about
you would have to sort something out with the rocker cover do as i have done and mod a coil pack

Seems like Saab is the best option then, time to start searching for one and try sell the other.