Supercharging the blue lady project

tofferson

Do you mean the rocker cover or the black plastic bit that sits on top, I need the alloy rocker cover for the head but I have a plastic z22 rocker cover tho if that's any good

tofferson

No the plastic bit thats bokts to the rocker cover n goes infront n covers the throttle body/inlet manifold :)
This one
image.jpeg

tofferson

I'm looking at what direction to go with the valves and springs etc, just how much will the stock sodium filled valves handle? I was looking at the supertec dual springs but was unsure if I need to go for ferrea valves or keep the stock ones?
Also do I need to remove the guides to do the porting correctly? and if I do should I fit gm replacements or are there upgrades?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I'm looking at what direction to go with the valves and springs etc, just how much will the stock sodium filled valves handle? I was looking at the supertec dual springs but was unsure if I need to go for ferrea valves or keep the stock ones?
Also do I need to remove the guides to do the porting correctly? and if I do should I fit gm replacements or are there upgrades?
valves are good as is the sodium ones will take more s**t than the normal z22se ones the inlets are directly cooled by fuel so pretty tough as is
springs are good to 7000rpm then its recommended to add larger LB or duals
you dont need to removed the guides for porting i dont
you could fit larger valves but then there's the machine work to suit
there are manganese bronze guides available more ££ and then fitting them

tofferson

Ok so I checked my valve stems today and there's some discolouration quite far up so put them back in guides and checked for wobble a it was quite wobbly especially on exhaust side so guess I need new guides so may as well get valves also as it would need machine work anyway.
Also got my gasket ready for porting, I think vocky wrote somewhere that you need to leave 2 mm round this gasket as its too big.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

tofferson

Does anybody no if I can leave the plastic baffles out? I was thinking of just riveting the steel baffle in place with just the outer rivets and not the small ones
image.jpeg
image.jpeg