Supercharger Parts and Information

vocky

Staff
also when you fit the chargecooler pipes buy some 90 degree elbow fittings for the inlet manifold, you will also need some alloy connectors to join them to the straight pipe.

try to avoid the 'clear' piping too ....

luki244

can I run with standard alternator guys if I will go for S/C conversion to mine z22se? I have all stuff already and finally fron States ( hope I have everything ) :D but Im thinking about that alternator

rik1083

yes, but you need to make sure it's a 100amp one.
I'm not sure on veccys, but on vx220s it is a lucky dip which one you have.
You can get a 100A from ebay for less than £50 so it's not a huge deal if you have the 120

luki244

rik1083 said:
yes, but you need to make sure it's a 100amp one.
I'm not sure on veccys, but on vx220s it is a lucky dip which one you have.
You can get a 100A from ebay for less than £50 so it's not a huge deal if you have the 120

I've got veccy, Iz there any badge on it? to see what kind of amp it has mate?

rik1083

it says on them I think on the plastic cover, but you would probably have to take it off the engine or remove the inlet manifold to get a look at it :(

luki244

Im looking on ebay now and everything what I can see its 100amp but its Zafira 2.2 so engine the same, so maybe probalby Ive got 100amp as well :)

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I'm running the US spec altenator along with aircon pump that runs in reverse to the european setup.

rik1083

JohnnyN said:
I'm running the US spec altenator along with aircon pump that runs in reverse to the european setup.

on the veccy, is something in the way of the uk-spec belt? or is it because you have aircon?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
The only reason that I have the US spec is because Jon had all the parts from a Chevy Cobalt setup and yes as I had the aircon he used the new bits. Ponudy's car and Mark Watts' Astra run the standard setup with no problems though.

Been searching american ebay for a eaton m62 inlet manifold.

Been useing : ecotec supercharger intake manifold
cobalt supercharger intake manifold
saturn ion supercharger intake manifold

Is there any others you think i should be trying? i understand these are rare secondhand is it likely i'll find one on its own? or wishfull thinking :LOL:

exmantaa

You will be lucky if you find only the manifold. (Try a US breakers yard or buy new.)
An M62 is easier, as these are swapped out for Harrop SC or turbo...

rik1083

they use "header" instead of "manifold" quite a lot so try searching that too
also inlet instead of intake