Supercharger Fitting Guide Astra G

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Cheers. Read on cobaltss they torque it up to 22 nm, thought it was on the high side.
the lsj head use m8 pins the z22se is m6 so i think it may be a little weaker
the stud lock helps them to stop coming out :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Cheers mate. So no vacuum leaks with 10 Nm then.... great. Getting ready for an oil cooler install. Will post pics soon. It involves this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBM-10813-E...ilter-adapter-cooler-billet-USA-/221159318437
Sorry for the thread spam :)
will get the torque wench out and double check for you :)
are you fitting an inline oil filter ?
cbm do some nice parts for the ecotec have looked there before just need funds :) im thinking about their fuel line adapters so i can fit larger fuel lines
my car now runs out of fuel above 5krpm in 5th :confused: could be the injectors tho lol
its not spam mate its all part of the supercharger experience for people to see :)

z22se-fan

Yes inline filter. Which will make filter changes a little easier. CBM has great stuff indeed.
What injectors do you run now?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Yes inline filter. Which will make filter changes a little easier. CBM has great stuff indeed.
What injectors do you run now?
i actually think its easier to change the oil filter with the charger there :)
im using z20let injectors but at 4.45bar fuel rail pressure i need to goto z20leh or #60 deckas

z22se-fan

I was running out of fuel with the z20let's also. Now have the leh ones and all is fine. You might need even bigger ones with your brutal engine.
Main purpose of the cbm adapter is getting oil temps down.

dewismotorsport

Z20LET will be on there arse at your power Carl and tbh vxr ones are only good for 340bhp before they are starting to max out there duration.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I was running out of fuel with the z20let's also. Now have the leh ones and all is fine. You might need even bigger ones with your brutal engine.
Main purpose of the cbm adapter is getting oil temps down.
ive yet to pipe the saab oil cooler in to the coolant circuit :)
Z20LET will be on there arse at your power Carl and tbh vxr ones are only good for 340bhp before they are starting to max out there duration.
Oh and standard fuel lines will flow over 500bhp so defo not them mate
but remember in a let there only at 3bar :) so the duty cycle is a little less in my application there still on there limit up top end around the 5-5500krpm as i get fuel cut in top gear
thats good to know about the fuel lines :) im going bigger any way want to route the lines gearbox side :)

have planned to go to dekkas when funds allow :)

dewismotorsport

Siemens 660 will cover what you need and more.

No that's running them on a adjustable fuel pressure regulator even at 4 bar they just end up not flowing any more as there over 90% duty cycle. In my C20LET I use RC 750cc which at 3 bar will flow fine for 400 and will go up to 550.

Shouldn't ever use a injector at over 4 bar imo and on its duration limit else it's a failure waiting to happen and will melt that piston when it fails.

Honesty save your money on fuel lines mate, going bigger will reduce line pressure and unless you have a adjustable FPR it will end badly.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i did say a little less hehe :)
cant stop the fuel line pressure being at 4.4bar unless i fit the aftermarket solution the fpr sees boost and gives 4.4bar
middle box thin red line 4.4bar @ 4500rpm the graph shows the fuel pump topping out above 5000rpm
WP_000406.jpg
at idle its 3bar but during boost its not i don't have the option to fit the vacuum take off on the fpr before the turbo to only get vacuum with the fpr connected to the inlet side of the charger it hunts and won't run right could do with a bleed valve on it lol

well you say the fuel pressure will be lower
engineer dad says not it won't 100psi is 100psi be it 2mm pipe 10mm pipe 25mm pipe :) the size of the pipe will affect the flow rate throughput

i do need to get some bigger injectors before rolling road day:)

dewismotorsport

Pump pushing fuel down a 8mm tube and down a 10mm tube the pressure to the rail will be lower.

Like the thumb over the end of a hose effect.

By the sounds of it your pump is on it's arse and so are your poor injectors :LOL:

Once mines up and running I'm going to look to convert it to cable throttle with TPS and put a AFPR on and use my Omex 600 as from what I've read the CS map and Dutch software are running too rich everywhere and loose around 50 bhp once the intake temps get over 57 degrees, no good to me on track :cry:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Pump pushing fuel down a 8mm tube and down a 10mm tube the pressure to the rail will be lower.

Like the thumb over the end of a hose effect.

By the sounds of it your pump is on it's arse and so are your poor injectors :LOL:

Once mines up and running I'm going to look to convert it to cable throttle with TPS and put a AFPR on and use my Omex 600 as from what I've read the CS map and Dutch software are running too rich everywhere and loose around 50 bhp once the intake temps get over 57 degrees, no good to me on track :cry:
nope you have it wrong mate a pump pushing fuel down an 8mm or a 10mm tube will be the same pressure the fpr keeps the fuel line and rail at the regulated pressure only the return line varies in pressure when fuel does or does not flow back
thats how the system works
at ignition on the pump primes to bump up the line pressure
then when the engine is running the pump is on all time
the unused fuel from the fpr goes back to the tank
larger bore pipe the difference is the larger bore pipe can flow much more volume at the same pressure or the same volume at a lower pressure :)
as with air or water or oil if you want to move more you go bigger bore :)

my graph above with the falling fuel pressure is the 10 year old gm pump it was replaced with a walbro 255
that gives me the same pressure as the old pump due to the fpr altho the flow rate and return rate is increased
WP_001577.jpg
just had a look at some figures on line and with 4bar the fuel injector can flow 7% ish more fuel
60 psi will make your injectors flow 4.5%more fuel. 65 psi will give you almost 9% more fuel. 70 psi gives almost13% more fuel. You've got to have a STRONG fuel pump

there is something else i thought about today that could cause the fuel cut
well 1 the injectors and 2 the map sensor im running 16psi now and its only a 2 bar map so maybe the ecu is cutting the injector time ?

the cs map is only rich on the base map once its been rolling road tuned its calibrated and the ecu take care of the rest with the o2 sensors
the dutch software is diy programming so if its rich it would be down to people telling it to :)

57c :) water meth! lol

dewismotorsport

Apologies your right about pump pressure not dropping.

Adding larger lines is overkill for your application. Stick some bigger injectors in and get a 3 bar map sensor as your 2 bar is only rated up to 14.7psi so you may be getting boost cut but I'm not sure how they have mapped the CS stuff.

Water injection is the way forward for intake temps on a sc car and I'm surprised the vx220 boys haven't worked that out yet instead of just putting up with the large power drop

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Apologies your right about pump pressure not dropping.

Adding larger lines is overkill for your application. Stick some bigger injectors in and get a 3 bar map sensor as your 2 bar is only rated up to 14.7psi so you may be getting boost cut but I'm not sure how they have mapped the CS stuff.

Water injection is the way forward for intake temps on a sc car and I'm surprised the vx220 boys haven't worked that out yet instead of just putting up with the large power drop
im gona have to call cs about the map sensor it may be time for a 2.5 or 3 bar if mapping allows :confused:
the meth kit is on the shopping list but will be some time before i can get it and fit it
was only thinking larger to use the an fittings failing that i would get a roll of stainless pipe and rig something up to bring the fuel pipes up and over the gearbox side