Strange rattle

Daz

Former Staff
Got a strange rattle that appeared yesterday, happening when goin over bumps, shutting doors etc....

Bit of investiagtion today...seem to be one of the roof strenghening bars has come away from the roof...can see the roof flexing when closing a door....

So my question is...wots the roof lining like to take down,and will i wreck it in the process...and do vauxhall make a black headlining for the vec estate...

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I've heard of that and seen it before. A chap that I worked with had that happen. It went back to Vxl and they used silcone to bond it back to the roof!! :eek:

It did sound awful when closing the doors though. I would think that as long as you take your time and remove all the plastics around the pillars and trim bits it should be fairly easy to take the roof down and replace it again. The roof lining is stiff anyway so it won't fold up and collapse on you.

If you want black roof lining, use clothes dye on it once its out??

:roll:

SriSte

Mines done it too lol, it rattles a bit when pulling away, and you can hear the old dry silicone rolling across the roof lining when cornering hard :LOL:

vocky

Staff
I repaired my mates by using 'no more nails' :)

I just lowered the headlining and squeezed my arm in with the applicator gun, easy :LOL: