Stolen Eagle crankshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocky

Staff
An Eagle L61/z22se steel crankshaft has been 'lost/mis-delivered/stolen' by the courier company, this was being delivered to me from the states.

As there are no other Eagle L61/z22se steel cranks in the UK if you see or hear of one for sale it will be this crank.

Please contact me ASAP or your local Police station.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
An Eagle L61/z22se steel crankshaft has been 'lost/mis-delivered/stolen' by the courier company, this was being delivered to me from the states.

As there are no other Eagle L61/z22se steel cranks in the UK if you see or hear of one for sale it will be this crank.

Please contact me ASAP or your local Police station.
i emailed the guy on ebay usa the other day about the one that he had ended the listing early for and wondered why it was unavailable
will keep my eyes open :)

vocky

Staff
the reality is it only fits the z22se engine and has no trigger wheel, so will need a standalone ecu. Thus it has a limited market.

However the person who took it will stick it on ebay at some point, because they are stupid.

Plus the fact there are probably less than twenty in the entire world means it will stand out like a sore thumb when they do try and sell it, especially in the UK as nobody has one.

I will be checking ebay.com and ebay euro sites for it until it turns up, if that takes ten years so be it.

IDI AMIN

Did you check your purple wheelie bin ?

That is bad news though surely you must have some kind of comeback covered by insurance of the courier company
I think also everyone should keep an eye out on gumtree as well as ebay

pottsey

ive shared a link to this page on my facebook and also various Vauxhall groups on facebook
who was the courier neil

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
it was 'mis-placed' when being transferred from one courier company to another, it was collected from customs by the first company but the second company claim they never received it from the first (n)

vocky

Staff
Did you check your purple wheelie bin ?

That is bad news though surely you must have some kind of comeback covered by insurance of the courier company
I think also everyone should keep an eye out on gumtree as well as ebay
it's not about the money, it's trying to find another for sale, they are rocking horse s**te

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i just had an email back from the ebay user in the usa who was selling them originally

Dear evocarlos,
we only have one left that has been modified with extra weight welded to it, if interested i can take photos and send them to you.

lol why would it be modded if it was new :confused:

vocky

Staff
i just had an email back from the ebay user in the usa who was selling them originally

lol why would it be modded if it was new :confused:
because you should weight match the crank to the pistons and rods, just removing weight from the crank can cause serious issues, the engine will tend to stall if too much has been removed.

Ideally you should make them equal with the piston and rod weight, just removing weight to make a crank lighter is plain wrong.

vocky

Staff
I found a picture of what an Eagle crank and packaging should look like, this is from several years ago and the picture was found on a USA forum, it is not the actual missing crank.

link to thread http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/ghosts-build-thread-171416/

I guess they sent it with all the writing on the box, which is why a thief stole it.

eagle crank.jpg

Stig_1911

Just checking, cause i need a new one after the last one mysteriously disappeared from 13ten citipost:Vomit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.