Sri 150 rear shocks

01VECCYSRI

Hi guys I have a nasty speed bump at the entrance to my street, not the tarmac type, more like house brick type. Anyway I drove over it, not at speed just had some weight in the boot and the back end bottomed out, it hit pretty hard, left a kink in rear wheel arch which was then scraping the tyre, managed to get it home but drivers side rear is now an inch or so lower, I think i've bust the rear damper, springs dont look broken and car drives without any extra knocking noises. Anyone know best rear dampers for 2001 veccy SRI 150, or could the spring have over compressed? Cheers.

01VECCYSRI

Didn't see any leakage will have another look tomorrow and get back, thanks mate.
I'm also not sure if it has original dampers on, will check on that too and get back, so if anyone knows what make originally went on it (pics would be nice) would be appreciated. Thanks again Johnny

01VECCYSRI

Doesn't seem to be any leakage, if i'm not mistaken aren't these gas filled? I think they may be original shocks, they have a white sticker with Automotive written under a barcode, check the pics, I like the way the car sat before the incident, can anyone tell me what the best replacement would be cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0090.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 233

01VECCYSRI

Ok i'm having trouble getting hold of a set of rear Bilstein B4's. Courtenay Sport dont have any in stock and could take over a week, all the ones on eekbay look confusing as to whether its the front or rear, saying rear but showing front or showing rear and saying front, or showing ones with a bolt eye both ends, aaagh, using generic pics too, euro only have sachs. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a set that i'm not gonna have to send back as wrong when I get em please. Am I right in thinking mine would be the ones with one bolt eye at the bottom and the piston rod protruding in which to fit my original rubbers etc. Excuse my ignorance, weather hasn't been great here to pull off the wheel and the shock, and i'm having to run the car so I dont wanna be waiting too long for delivery and putting stress on the spring while the damper is shot. Cheers :)