snapped spring!

Bigdave

just had my MOT and found the N/S/F spring snapped, phones euro car parts to be quoted £45 plus vat each for the fronts and £50 plus vat for the rears.
just ordered some SPAX 30mm lowering springs for £117 all in!
my car is an sri and was told it comes lowered by 20mm as standard so it will only lower it 10mm.
not fussed about that, just confused how euro cars can chargwe £200 approx for a set!

Matt

Administrator
Eurocarparts are normally quite cheap for OE parts.
It's just a bitch the roads over here are so s**t, that springs snap :(

astra22bertoneauto

My rear spring snapped on my silver coupe years ago. Vx wanted stupid amounts of money to sort out so I bought Bilstein B4 shocks all round and some Eibach springs to finish off. Best thing i ever done!

Matt

Administrator
My rear spring snapped on my silver coupe years ago. Vx wanted stupid amounts of money to sort out so I bought Bilstein B4 shocks all round and some Eibach springs to finish off. Best thing i ever done!
That is the same as I did on my Vectra C. B4 shocks and Eibach springs were amazing compared to the standard set up.

rushy

SRi's are -15 so your new springs will lower it another 15mm. I put -30 springs on mine due to a snapped spring and the ride is fantastic. Ive just had a none fault accident and it was too low to put on the truck sent from my insurance, oops I might have some explaining to do.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia using Tapatalk

Matt

Administrator
SRi's are -15 so your new springs will lower it another 15mm. I put -30 springs on mine due to a snapped spring and the ride is fantastic. Ive just had a none fault accident and it was too low to put on the truck sent from my insurance, oops I might have some explaining to do.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia using Tapatalk
I had a job getting mine onto the ramps to have the tracking done once it was on the new shocks and springs.