SMD conversion

Dave Gilbert

Doing a smd conversion on my vectra c sri.

a few pics for everyone.

milo

waiting on blue smds to do a few other bits on the heater controls. But most of it is done 20151022_184747.jpg
changing the aircon to blue and the heater ia only showing hot.

20151022_184825.jpg

passenger door.
window
door lock/unlock
boot unlock

20151023_103611.jpg
light controls. Didnt get a pic in the dark.

Dave Gilbert

Done the blue now.

started on the stereo, there even smaller. Done 2 but gota wait for the corsa to come back and test them. I cant see whats positive and negative so had a guess on the first 2 n then i will know. Al keep you all up dated as i go. 20151024_143944.jpg

i will get some better pics tonight

Dave Gilbert

Im not charging anything cos im doing it for my own car. N i dont think i ever want to do the small smds again. Lol

stereo looks really nice but i cant get it out of safe mode. I have fitted the front of the corsa stereo to the front of mine so it may be that, thats causing the issue but im not sure. I will investigate more tomorrow. 20151024_171623.jpg

Dave Gilbert

I havnt lol.

i enjoyed doing the other bits but the stereo was hard.

i will get some better pics.

moving onto the steering wheel next, but found that there different leds aswell so go to order some more.

Dave Gilbert

There isnt much of a process, take the item apart(mostly clips)

Unsolder a smd and replace with a new 1. Very fiddly but enjoyable n feels great when u plug it in n it works lol

identiti66

Love messing with LED's in the car but my hands are far too shaky to do much SMD work.. I even put 3mm in the steering controls.

Thing I found with SMD's when I last tried to use them was they are really sensitive to heat. I used to blow a few by getting them too hot.