Sky Player

Matt

Administrator
Is anyone else using this? I've just installed it on my laptop as we subscribe to everything apart from Sports, and it seems pretty good.

It can only be used on one PC, which is fine as the wife has an Apple Mac, so it's on my laptop.

I'm just downloading a film to watch now, and will report back once I've given it a go

Attachments

• sky_player.jpg
    sky_player.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 119

baldie87

can you only watch stuff youve subscribed to through sky so you couldnt watch sky movies for free etc

Matt

Administrator
Yeah, the stuff available is based on your subscription package. We have everything apart from the Sports, so we can't watch sports on there either. You create an account and you have to associate it with your viewing card, so I'm assuming it takes the package information from that, thus allowing you access to the relevent content.

Jamee

what about linking it up with someones viewing card that has everything????

How much gb does it take and where from???...sky.com???

Matt

Administrator
Suppose you could use someone elses viewing card details, but you'd have to use their sky.com account as well. Not sure how the restrictions on that would work though?

As for gb, a 1.5 hour movie was ~800mb when I downloaded it.

Matt

Administrator
You can stream/download a selection of stuff. There are programms from each of the packages....Entertainment, Documentries, Movies etc. It's always changing the content on there from what I can gather.