Servicing Guide

mazza 2.2

I'm going to service my car this weekend and before i do, i'd like to know a few things;

1) Firstly, I've tried searching for the servicing guide on this site, but have had no luck.
2) What size spanner / socket is required to remove the sump plug? (I haven't had a look at it yet)
3) Is it normally OK to re use the same sump plug providing there's nothing wrong with it?
4) Is there a specific tool i'll need to change the oil filter?
5) I am right in thinking that the amount of oil needed is 4.85 litres?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys (y)

Steve

Matt

Administrator
mazza 2.2 said:
1) Firstly, I've tried searching for the servicing guide on this site, but have had no luck.
I've now changed the title, and made this a sticky for anyone elses future reference (y)

jwalker

Matt said:
6) You could also get a new o-ring for the oil filter cap as well.

I don't know how much they are from a dealer, but you can get a Hengst oil filter (exact same manufacturer as genuine) which comes with the O-ring from euro car parts for less than £5

Matt

Administrator
jwalker said:
Matt said:

I don't know how much they are from a dealer, but you can get a Hengst oil filter (exact same manufacturer as genuine) which comes with the O-ring from euro car parts for less than £5
They are quite expensive direct from VX (~£7 IIRC), which is about the same price as the filter itself!

mazza 2.2

pottsey said:

Lucky for me i already have 8 brand new plugs in the house :) but i'll have a look at the condition of the plugs and go from there mate.

Matt said:

Aye i got one of those and the filter direct from the stealers Matt, i no longer have any eye sockets left :eek: £8 in total for them both. The oil was £25.79 for GM 10w40 semi.

And while im at it i'll also be spraying some carb cleaner on the throttle body and giving that a nice clean up. It should be running sweetly afterwards :)

pottsey

mazza 2.2 said:
pottsey said:

Lucky for me i already have 8 brand new plugs in the house :) but i'll have a look at the condition of the plugs and go from there mate.

Matt said:

Aye i got one of those and the filter direct from the stealers Matt, i no longer have any eye sockets left :eek: £8 in total for them both. The oil was £25.79 for GM 10w40 semi.

And while im at it i'll also be spraying some carb cleaner on the throttle body and giving that a nice clean up. It should be running sweetly afterwards :)

dont you get trade club prices from anywhere ,iirc its about £13 on trade club for 5 litres 10w40 oil.saying that though asda are doing castrol gtx £10 for 4 litres not enough for an oil change but if you but 10 litres its still cheaper than vx oil

mazza 2.2

jwalker said:
I remember the last sump plug washer I bought, was over £3! :cry:

Yes, i called in last night and purchased a one. He said that's £3.18 please! :eek:
I was dubious as to the part that he gave me, the washer was identical of the O-Ring and on the receipt was listed as O-Ring. hmm.

2.216v

Wht type of engine oil should b used on these z22 engines? I knw alot of people tgat recommend 5w-30w fully synthetic..but have noticed on this thread u have mentioned using 10w-40w semi??!!? Which one should we be using..??

mssri150

I'm still losing oil after head rebuild think it's from the sump these don't have a gasket do they? What is the best sealant to use one them?

corsaZ22se

the Vauxhall grey sealant. more like a high temperature PU adhesive than silicon which isnt very good in engines.
Doesn't cost much from the main dealer and usually have it in stock.

KevinH

The genuine GM part # is:

93165267 - Oil Pan to Cylinder Block Sealing Compound 50 Ml
https://www.autovaux.co.uk/93165267-sealing-compound-50ml-as93165267

Was the sump removed when you had the head rebuilt?

Ensure the block and sump mating surfaces are clean from existing sealant, oil etc, then apply a 2mm (max) bead to the sump pan, without getting any in the bolt holes. Don't forget to tighten the bolts using the correct sequence and to the specified torque. Once reassembled leave to 'cure' for 3-4 hours before refilling with oil.

Hope that helps. :)