Security Codes

5M1THY

Haha it's all good I left it till the weekend but it still could happen :)

5M1THY

Did you tackle the immobilizer today??

I'm in the process of doing it now lol it's all quite easy I have the transponder ready to go in my key and the ring is ready but I cannot for s**t get the barrel out from the normal place I've tried all sorts of things to try and push the pin but down but at best I get my key stuck for a minute lol

Make sure the key is in position 1 when you press in the hole to release the barrel.
I use a small terminal driver or electricians screwdriver to push the release latch down.
Dont pull on the key to try to pull it out either cos it makes it harder sometimes. The barrel will push itself out about an inch or so once its released
Also, you need to make sure the steering lock latch is down before putting the barrel back in or it will never go in!

Here's the lock in position 1, the once before the dash lights up.

IMAG0014.jpg

And here's the barrel once it release its self, It shoots out quite far

IMAG0015.jpg

Here's the lock mechanism with the barrel removed. The steering lock is on in this pic so the barrel wont go in.
IMAG0006.jpg

Here's the lock mechanism with the steering lock off so the barrel can be replaced
IMAG0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 212

5M1THY

Yeah I did all that exactly the problem was for some reason the barrel was jammed and that pin wouldn't move down at all probably why it's been done how it has. So 4 hours later it's drilled out new barrel put in and all back together with one key one ignition but I had no choice but to unplug the immo ring so now the van won't start as I presume it needs to be coded again?

5M1THY

Haha you may aswell it ain't going anywhere and I'm blocking my dads car in haha the good news is apart from getting my flip key blade replaced to match the new barrel it's back to how it should be :) I even found a couple of random wires and got rid so it all looks factory and tidy again.

milo

So what u got left to do? To have it all back together? I'm counting on u being at PVS as I'll need my cat nap lol

Last edited:

5M1THY

I'll be there don't worry :) tbh I just need to chat Simon into coming over asap and code it back in that it other than Hoover up and put the dash back together. I do need to change the dash loom at some point to sort the headlight problem but i could with it working for work Monday :banghead:

did you reconnect the immo ring back to the same connector it came from behind the dash?
it doesnt matter if you disconnect it and re-connect it as long as its the same ECU/IMMO/Key combination they will all have the same code programmed and wont need any re-coding.

5M1THY

Yeah everything is exactly the same just the correct side of the dashboard I'm even using the key that was in the barrel not my actual key

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Yeah I did all that exactly the problem was for some reason the barrel was jammed and that pin wouldn't move down at all probably why it's been done how it has. So 4 hours later it's drilled out new barrel put in and all back together with one key one ignition but I had no choice but to unplug the immo ring so now the van won't start as I presume it needs to be coded again?

Does the key for the original barrel did that match the door? :whistle:

5M1THY

No I did do but now I have two one for ignition and one for the door and central locking I don't mind this as I only ever use the central locking but I need to get a flip key blade cut to match then put the chip inside my key

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
You had to go and drill it out didn't you lol..

You gonna carry two keys everywhere? Othwise you might get problems when the remote battery dies and only have the one key on you.