Security Codes

5M1THY

Nice one I'm tempted to go try and do it now lol

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
You will probably need a paper clip uunwound so it's straight to take the barrel out. You will see the hole once the steering column cover is off.paper clip will push through usually just before the ignition comes on, you will feel the position when you hit it.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Should be able to do it on mine then... It just never worked :-/
you have to tick the box for the newer version then it works :) did it on a mates turbo
The barrel you use to start the car with the key, is probably not even plugged in. you just need to remove it, then you need to take the immo ring off this and put to one side.

Then you need to get the other barrel thats hidden, unplug the immo ring and remove the lot out the car.. Take the immo ring off this barrel and place on the other barrel you took out first which you used to start the car.

Put the barrel you have just put the immo ring on back into the car where it should go and plug the immo ring in.

The key I presume looks like this, with the immo transponder attached

View attachment 50492

Remove the transponder from this key and place into your normal key that starts the car, if there is already one there remove it and place to one side for safe keeping..

You should be all good now.
yes put the key in the barrel and turn to acc then on the other end where the plug is theres a hole with a tab push the tab and the plug comes off and the barrel will slide out the column you can then slide the immo ring off to
most people dont know this and end up braking the tabs on the immo ring like vx did with mine the other problem is if you dont put the key to acc you snap the tab in the barrel and the ball bearing drops out then it wont stay in and have to have a self tapper fitted to hold it in

5M1THY

Nice one I thought against it tonight as it's p**sing down and if something goes wrong I can't get to work tomoz but I'm going to take a look at this at the weekend if I can sort this I just need a dash loom then all problems are solved and I can actually start improving things :)

5M1THY

Cheers guys I finally understand lol and Simon if you don't mind doing the codes at pvs I will sort you out for it :)

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
TBH mate, I'm hoping that the missus will pop off to brighton this weekend and let me get on with some work.. If she does Ill pop down and help or you can watch. Ill get your codes too while im there.

5M1THY

TBH mate, I'm hoping that the missus will pop off to brighton this weekend and let me get on with some work.. If she does Ill pop down and help or you can watch. Ill get your codes too while im there.

That would be cool I'm meant to be working Saturday but if it's raining I won't be able to as I'll be 20ft high with a 3m long hedgecutter lol

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Tbh it almost seems so easy I don't get why it's like it is? Lol
Probably when the people did the engine change, they didnt have opcom or whatever to code the original immo ring and key to the donor ecu, hence why they left it connected out of view.

probably didnt have the security code from the donor z22se either.

Can you? I have tried a number of different Astra G's. Has never worked on any. Also tried Corsa C's too....?

Only been able to read but not actually write a new value..

I had an old version of the software a while ago which caused this. It also wouldn't re-program old transponder keys for a Vectra C or Signum (I think they are a different key without the small chip). The newer software version I have works like a charm though.
The software I have for my opcom also has an ECU Reset option in the Special Functions of the Engine diagnostics page. I think the older version required you to connect to the immobilizer to reset the ECU.

Tbh it almost seems so easy I don't get why it's like it is? Lol
Do you know if the traction control is wired up? Maybe the z22se ecu is only connected to the engine and immobilizer to allow the engine to run. The original ecu might still be wired up somewhere to keep the alarm/central locking or something else working.

5M1THY

No it's not well it doesn't work I thought it might be the wrong abs unit but it definatly doesn't work atm

Nice one I thought against it tonight as it's p**sing down and if something goes wrong I can't get to work tomoz but I'm going to take a look at this at the weekend if I can sort this I just need a dash loom then all problems are solved and I can actually start improving things :)
Im breaking a 2.2 Astra at the moment for spare bits. I've already taken most of the engine loom for spare connectors for my supercharger conversion, if i ever get round to it!
I think the dash loom should be all in tact. You can have it for a few quid if you like?

5M1THY

Im breaking a 2.2 Astra at the moment for spare bits. I've already taken most of the engine loom for spare connectors for my supercharger conversion, if i ever get round to it!
I think the dash loom should be all in tact. You can have it for a few quid if you like?

Yeah nice one i won't say no to that :) I've needed to do it for along time my fuse board is burnt in the low beam headlight circuit so they are running on the full beam citcuit atm lol

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
I had an old version of the software a while ago which caused this. It also wouldn't re-program old transponder keys for a Vectra C or Signum (I think they are a different key without the small chip). The newer software version I have works like a charm though.
The software I have for my opcom also has an ECU Reset option in the Special Functions of the Engine diagnostics page. I think the older version required you to connect to the immobilizer to reset the ECU.

I have the same version as you then..

milo

Can anyone guess what smithy next post will be if it goes tits up?? 'f**k VAN WONT START!!! HHHEEELLLPPP!!' ;)