seat air bags parts required

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ok i know the seat air bags require programming to the airbag ecu but is there anything else required to make them work/go off when the should?

guy 27

Need the door airbag sensors as well.
From what I came across when I put my vert seats in the airbag ecu is not able to be reprogrammed so needed one out of a car that none of the airbags or pretensioners had gone off in.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i found the menu to program the airbag ecu in op-com
but if i need the door sensors then i will need wiring and then sensor to get it working
its a task to go on the todo list :)

guy 27

There's a few different airbag modules depending on locations and positioning of airbags. I can find out which one is in my vert. That's got the seat airbags.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well these are seat from a 3door so the modules would be behind the door card
im hoping the wiring is there and its just the case of the molding and the module i can get it programmed no problem :)
dbdc263adc0baedcc66b9cb8ce96e5a2.png

astra22bertoneauto

The coupe has all the wiring in place for the seat airbags. behind the door cards you will find a plug wrapped in plastic taped up. All you need is the door sensors and the plastic moulding they fit into. OP-COM can do the rest :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
The coupe has all the wiring in place for the seat airbags. behind the door cards you will find a plug wrapped in plastic taped up. All you need is the door sensors and the plastic moulding they fit into. OP-COM can do the rest :)
i like you even more now lol
you just saved me £14 on door looms :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
right 2 plastics and crash modules in the post £25
they're coming from a non crashed turbo astra
there were 2 on ebay @£6 each but didn't want to risk it :)
hope fitting goes ok or it will be new dash new steering wheel and new front window lol

h4rri

Hi,

Just added seats with inbuilt airbags and getting squib errors as expected. What criteria did you use to search for the airbag modules?

I have no idea what they look like so can't compare pictures etc to make sure I get the right ones :(

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Hi,

Just added seats with inbuilt airbags and getting squib errors as expected. What criteria did you use to search for the airbag modules?

I have no idea what they look like so can't compare pictures etc to make sure I get the right ones :(
well they look like this for the coupe :) will be the same for the 3 door but different for the 4 door
WP_000213.jpg

and fit in this hole
WP_000214.jpg

like so :)
WP_000215.jpg

i used ""astra g door crash sensor""
linked me to these on ebay but they look like the 4 door
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=astra+g+door+sensor&rt=nc

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
trust op-com not to be able to do f**k all again!
keep getting this error and programming failed "rtfm"
WP_000216.jpg

h4rri

Thanks for the pics, annoyingly I dumped a couple of these a few months ago :(

Will grab a pair and see how I fair with OpCom ;)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
trust tech 2 not to be able to do anything either
went to vx to get some new oil while there i asked of he could have a look see and the ecu it was not programmable
he said the reason could be its a one time program then its set for life

Thanks for the pics, annoyingly I dumped a couple of these a few months ago :(
Will grab a pair and see how I fair with OpCom ;)
no problem :) hope you have better luck with op than me :)

so unless opcom can program the airbag ecu and the fault with my airbag squib on the seat is stopping it programming then its time for a new airbag ecu that already programmed with fronts,pre tensioners,side impact

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have one in the bat cave from a cab lets hope its from a turbo with leathers :) need to find it out and plug it in

and I bet that isn't going to be cheap??
new one from vx will be tens of thousands hehe
but will cost £20 from the right place :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
airbag squib repair kit in the post hoping that will fix the airbag issue failing that i will need to get an airbag
have installed the other airbag ecu but it's p**sing it down with rain so can't take the laptop out there to check it

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well with a stroke of pure luck the airbag ecu that came on the loom for the climate control is the right one green plug and programmed for front/pretensioners/side impact
WP_000275.jpg

system is active and now showing a drivers side squib fault
i broke the plug on the seat side so knew it would cause an issue at some point
WP_000277.jpg

only 2x the resistance it should be
WP_000278.jpg

the rain is hindering my work lol want it to fec off lol
WP_000280.jpg

astra22bertoneauto

I never had any trouble installing my side airbags into my coupe with opcom. Only issue i had was i managed to damage the squib behind the steering wheel when i swapped over the steering wheel (which was at the same time as putting interior in). Once i replaced that i entered my ecu security code & it programmed.

Its strange yours is playing up.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
theres no option in my opcom to enter security code unless you want to change the vin or reset the main ecu
it goes thru the motions of programming and letting you set it in the menu under the airbag menu but when you click perform coding it gives program failed

i wonder if thats why its giving trouble as ive not entered the ecu security code there no option to enter it on the airbag menu
what was you step by step process i will go try it?

edit:- also strange how tech2 gave the same issue may be a different ecu set as there a few types ive been told