Saab engine build

vocky

Staff
Neo Brothers have many brand new Saab B207 engines for sale, there is a group buy for these engines on vx220.org.uk site for £714 :eek:

I decided to buy one and quickly stripped it down :D

SAM_3345.JPG

SAM_3342.JPG

SAM_3341.JPG

vocky

Staff
I bought it for parts :eek:

I will only be keeping the bare head, cam cover and a few other bits for myself. Some parts I need for a few other rebuilds and everything else will be for sale :D

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
this one is getting converted to a 2.2 but is staying a turbo :D

The owner has the dbilas turbo kit installed on his speedster, so it's getting CompCams turbo spec camshafts, supertech double valve springs, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons and eagle steel rods, coupled with a standard z22se crankshaft. Plus the usual balancer delete and some head work to the ports.

SAM_3349.JPG

SAM_3354.JPG

this picture shows the Saab cam sprockets - which have no tabs and must be timed up manually
SAM_3356.JPG

vocky

Staff
the saab crank appears to have been modified over the years, there are now eight balance weights (used to be four)

SAM_3357.JPG

you can see the stroke difference when compared to my 2.4 crank
SAM_2721.JPG

vocky

Staff
this is another of the Saab engines, this one is being converted to a 2.2 Stage 4 Harrop SC :cool:

saab crank on it's way out

SAM_3360.JPG

lovely oil jets
SAM_3362.JPG

balancer shaft rear bearings knocked back 7.5mm

SAM_3363.JPG

vectra C z22se crank with loads of breakers yard pink paint (this will be removed)

SAM_3364.JPG

vocky

Staff
yes LSJ cams drop striaght in, so either standard LSJ cams or compcams stage 2 LSJ blower cams

I have a cunning plan for an internal trigger wheel to replace the original saab version, so don't rush into buying an external just yet ;)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
@vocky so are you getting a trigger wheel plate made to bolt in place in the net crank ?
i had an idea to cut the edge off and weld a strip round the edge with the cut outs in the right place ?