Running sc and air con

dewismotorsport

What's the crack? Do I have to run it with a US pump or have heard about it running backwards with a change of belt run, is there a way to keep both? Not the end of the world if I have to loose it but would like to keep it.

Cheers Adam

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
keep it :)
just add a 2nd pulley to the cs bracket so the belt runs the alternator
theres info in my supercharger fitting guide :)

the US pump spins the same way its the US alternator that needs to be spun the opposite way with the cobalt tensioner

dewismotorsport

Cheers guys, I tried searching but didn't come up, I did see that second tensioner mod, but then someone mentioned reverse pumps etc Where can I buy the tensioner wheel on its own? Don't really want to pay £100 of quid for the complete unit just to use the plastic wheel.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i just got one from ebay for £25 it was a z22se one

you can fit the cs bracket up against the block then put the alternator on top
@z22se-fan i used your image again :)
belt run.jpg

but on the astra you will find clearance issues with the rad top hose
you can see why i fitted the bracket on the front and with a 2nd pulley
i had also read that poundy had been thru a few alternators with the bracket at the back so made me think to pop it on the front
WP_001341 (Medium).jpg

dewismotorsport

Cheers for the pics, makes it easier to visualise, basically gonna build kit up on my spare engine so I know it all fits the engine etc before transferring it onto the car.

Any ideas on belt length to use?

Dave Gilbert

stop showing off then:cry::cry: mines got far to many ecus to fit a charger:cry: hahahahaha. anyone fancy swapping a vectra for an astra haha

z22se-fan

No problem. But that's not the way my belt is routed. I have the bracket at the front as well. It goes fully round the alternator pulley. Sadly I don't have the original picture anymore but @evocarlos probably has :) I like the idea of the alternator being driven by the belt almost full (if that makes sense). The clearance issue with the top rad hose is resolved by routing it around the belt where the Original air filter box was mounted. Belt length is 5 pk 1675 which doesn't exist so I ordered 6 pk 1675 of an old Audi type and removed a rib (carefully)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
No problem. But that's not the way my belt is routed. I have the bracket at the front as well. It goes fully round the alternator pulley. Sadly I don't have the original picture anymore but @evocarlos probably has :) I like the idea of the alternator being driven by the belt almost full (if that makes sense). The clearance issue with the top rad hose is resolved by routing it around the belt where the Original air filter box was mounted. Belt length is 5 pk 1675 which doesn't exist so I ordered 6 pk 1675 of an old Audi type and removed a rib (carefully)
heres your original image @z22se-fan i did try it like this but the top of the belt was way to close to the top rad pipe so did the 2 pulley mod :)
24231_f2b9956f6c4d6cd9655d948741efc7d4@9ae75c37ce9e4e4994b3e37e151525a0.jpg