rubbing/grinding noise

have a rubbing/grinding noise on o/s front wheel only when turning right checked brakes they are fine any suggestions notsure.gif

AnGarrek

I would guess that it's a wheel bearing too.

The noise is the brake disc rubbing the pads slightly because of the slack in the bearing.

If, when cornering, you apply the brakes gently, does the noise stop ??

If it does, it's almost certinally the bearing !

Thanks Dingo35 and jonvec22sri

had a guy look at the problem he said not bearing was caliper seizing on. dunno.. Then he looked over the car then told me rear caliper doing the same. Said to buy new rear discs, pads and rear calipers and he will do it for £150.00 :(

nice for just a rubbing noise now need to find a nice cheap place for the parts notsure.gif

Daz

Former Staff
vectra_sri150 said:

had a guy look at the problem he said not bearing was caliper seizing on. dunno.. Then he looked over the car then told me rear caliper doing the same. Said to buy new rear discs, pads and rear calipers and he will do it for £150.00 :(

nice for just a rubbing noise now need to find a nice cheap place for the parts notsure.gif

So u need new front caliper,had the same with mine a few weeks back..

Where u based m8ty...cud do that a bit cheaper for you if ure not too far away

vectra_sri150 said:

hey no probs mate, that £150 is a bit of a stinger though hey bud!!!! :roll:

Could have a bit of luck phoned up the warranty on the motor and it should be all coverd just got to run it down to a local garage get them to do it just finding a local garage that will do the work under the warranty claim :eek: so anyone live near milton keynes and v.a.t reg you can have the work :roll:

jonvec22sri said:
have you had any luck yet bud??? dunno.. :D

this is it Rear calipers,discs,pads NOT COVERED WEAR N TEAR :( rear sub frame bush NOT COVERED WEAR N TEAR :( but 1 rear shock COVERED crazy a notsure.gif

they will not replace both shocks as only one leaks notsure.gif

So now looking on internet for parts and giving it ago myself

any ideas were to look would be helpfull
would the gsi calipers fit my car i have the sri 150

im really not sure if gsi are the same bud??? i`d assume they are but dont take my word for it,but job isnt too difficult really!! the web is probably the cheapest place,just watch out for postage costs mate. hopefully another member may be able to offer you a little more advice on parts etc. good luck :D