Roof bars / Rails

Sjdickso

Staff
looking at getting some for the Astra for additional space while doing a tiny bit of traveling.

Just missed a set on ebay last night, anyone know if the MK5 fits the MK4 with the genuine ones?

Are they easy to fit?

Matt

Administrator
looking at getting some for the Astra for additional space while doing a tiny bit of traveling.

Just missed a set on ebay last night, anyone know if the MK5 fits the MK4 with the genuine ones?

Are they easy to fit?
I'm also wanting a set Si ;)

robo22sri

Si can you keep me update on how you get on :)

I am also looking for my coupe so I can get my bike on the roof

I can't get a definite answer from anyone :(

Matt

Administrator
Seen a few MK5 sets on the well known auction site, do you know if they fit MK4?
I'm going to VX tomorrow to pick some bits up, so I'll speak to the parts guy there and see what he says about MK4/MK5 compatibility.

5M1THY

I've just fitted roof rails and bars on my van I know the mk5 rails don't fit the mk4 tbe bolt holes are in different places I don't know about the bars my bars fit any car with rails there just universal ones as they get battered.

Matt

Administrator
Si any luck with getting some roof bars?
roof_bars.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
Sorry guys very poor effort indeed! As Matt says been flat out this last two weeks with personal and work stuff.

The saga of roof rails!

MK5 OEM ones won't fit a MK4 from my findings

In the end my mate had some Thule bars and foot pack and fixing kit for a BMW.

Thule comes in a three part pack.

Now the bars are cheap enough so are the fixing kits but foot pack are not cheap.

Our cars require 751 foot pack but the 753 is near identical and seems to fit. After hours and hours on the web.

So if you go the Thule route

751 foot pack but the 753 should fit
Bars your choice
Then 3081 fix kit

Then to top it off the did do a kit for the MK4 some time again but is not compatible with the new stuff and was somthing like 4303 full kit :confused:

So if I was buying new I would hold out for some genuine MK4 OEM bars (y)

robo22sri

I was only joking Si :)

It's so hit and miss trying to find the right info :(

I looked and corsa b stuff is the same but it's trying to get hold of it

I want a newer type Thule rack for my 591 bike rack

Just not paying £180 for it! Only paid £600 for the bloody car :LOL:

Cheers for the info Si :)

Sjdickso

Staff
No worries,

I know what you mean every site you go list different items. I am glad it's only cost me £34 in the end but I will have to give most of it back lol.