Return of the Garage!

Matt

Administrator
I've just purchased a modification we can use as a garage on here, which fully integrates into the site. It's not as detailed as the old phpBB version we had, that had separate modifications etc, but it's really nice and easy to use, and looks great.

It's got a basic comment feature, with ratings built in, but we can also link each entry to a full discussion thread, so it's possible to link your garage entry to your project thread!

showcase1.PNG
showcase2.PNG
showcase3.PNG
showcase4.PNG
showcase5.PNG
showcase6.PNG
showcase7.png

Matt

Administrator
This is now installed and live!

https://z22se.co.uk/garage/

Just to note, when adding a car to the showcase, the first image that you upload will be the one used as the one that is shown in the side bar etc, so make sure that you upload your best image first.

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
So, I've added 3 of my cars in there now. There is no limit to the number of cars you can have in there, so you can list your previous cars if you wanted to (like I have done). For the time being, there are only Vauxhall's in there, but if there is enough interest, I can add others in on a per request basis if you would like to add your none-Vauxhall car in.

Matt

Administrator
No worries. I'm going to be making a few changes to the router (will be garage rather than showcase) and changing the phrases from showcase to garage. Might take a while, as there are quite a few!

Matt

Administrator
The garage has been updated to the latest release (1.2.0)

This is quite a large update, with various new features. There is the ability to actually review each others cars now, but I've not enabled this at the minute.

There are also some new custom fields which I've added in. These will need to either be completed the next time you edit your vehicle, or as you are creating a new one.

custom_fields.PNG

Currently, Year and Induction are required fields. BHP and Torque are optional. If you would like to see any more of these custom fields, please let me know.

When they are completed, they currently display in their own side bar menu in the vehicle page

showcase.PNG

Matt

Administrator
I'm also using Regular Expression to ensure that BHP and Torque values are correctly entered and formatted. You can enter a value between 10 and 999.99 in both those fields.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
The garage has been updated to the latest release (1.2.0)

This is quite a large update, with various new features. There is the ability to actually review each others cars now, but I've not enabled this at the minute.

There are also some new custom fields which I've added in. These will need to either be completed the next time you edit your vehicle, or as you are creating a new one.

View attachment 10200

Currently, Year and Induction are required fields. BHP and Torque are optional. If you would like to see any more of these custom fields, please let me know.

When they are completed, they currently display in their own side bar menu in the vehicle page

View attachment 10201
lol just found this out :) tryed to update and said these fields are required

Matt

Administrator
I wanted the try and make it as standardised as possible because I want to try and hook into it and use it in the power board mod I made

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
How can you actually access the powerboard apart from clicking the above link? I was not able to find any links.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yeah its 18 A4 pages long to get to the save button :)
also noticed some errors with pressing the return key it dont go to the next line then when you save you have 15 new lines between the txt