replacing tie rods and track rod ends on a vectra c

5M1THY

I did my Astra ones last month and had to use the blowtorch a lot lol. Can't say I've ever seen that tool I've always used a spanner but will probably fit most vauxhall I would of thought.

Dave Gilbert

i did the corsa last week, both sides, i replaced the tie rods, track rod ends and gaitors, it was dead easy with the tool. al take photos when i do the vectra, it cant be that hard.

cheers

Dave Gilbert

the vectra was near enough the same as the corsa except i had to apply a little heat on the locking nuts to get them off so i could reuse the rubber boots as i couldnt get any in time.

i will put some photos and links to vids to show how to do it soon

Dave Gilbert

obviously first things first crack your wheel nuts off then jack up and support correctly then.......
1.jpg crack locking nut off(21mm)
2.jpg undo track rod end(18mm on rattle gun) then split the ball joint with a ball joint splitter then spin the track rod end off but make a note of how many turns it takes to come off
3.jpg slip outer clip off
4.jpgcut inner tie wrap off
you may need to apply some heat to the locking nut then rattle the nut off, i used a 21mm deep socket on a air gun and a 13mm spanner to hold the tie rod(this isnt good for the right hand holding the spanner)

5.jpgslip boot off so it looks like this

6.jpg slip tool on to crack the tie rod off the steering rack
7.jpg use a big extension or a few big extensions and a breaker bar to crack it off then it just spins off

then put it all back together using new parts, then take to be tracked up, i used a discount voucher to get it half price

http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers.aspx just print it off and jobs a gooden

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you think i would get a set of stillsons in that gap Dave Gilbert ? got to do both of mine
must remember to put a spanner on the rack and stud lock the new ones in
WP_20160613_17_18_43_Pro.jpg

Dave Gilbert

Maybe. I managed the corsa with a big f**k off spanner. But in the coupe I'm not sure. I can send u my tool down if u want to borrow it. To save the trouble