Update Removal of Ads

Matt

Administrator
With the upcoming GDPR affecting how all websites use and maintain user data, along with having to have users explicitly accept cookies and being made aware of what each cookie is, and what it is used for, I've made the decision to remove all adverts from the site. Google Adsense and Skimlink / Viglinks have been removed, so if you want to remove those cookies from your browser, they can be deleted.

The time and effort it would take to document and maintain this to ensure we comply with GDPR is not worth the effort that the additional income would bring in.

There will be a new Cookie acceptance banner in the coming weeks, that all members will need to accept to continue using the site, but the Privacy Policy remains the same. We don't use your data for anything other than allowing you to use the site :)

Matt

Administrator
As we can now runs ads again, I'm adding a few select ones back in, as these are covered by the cookie policy which is in place. They are standard Google Adsense ads, which is what we were running before. They are show just in the sidebar currently. I know people don't like ads, but something has to pay for the upkeep of the forum.

Matt

Administrator
Additional ads have been added back to the forum, as it's currently loosing money to keep the site online.