REGISTRATION PLATE LIGHT INTERNAL FITTING VECTRA B

IDI AMIN

How's the troops getting on.

I have a little dilemma with reg plate light the spade part has broken off the strip pictured i was wondering does anyone know if you can buy these parts by their self. Or is it a whole new fitting. Scrapyards are getting a little shy of vectra b's now.

The outside lens is the same for Astra F , G Zafira etc. But the internal fittings are a little different. Off of the other cars the plastic holders are shorter, so they would not sit the same behind the reg plate panel

Even the strips from other fittings are a little different the way they are shaped and the direction they go to the spade connector.

Is it a case of patch up job is it ok to solder this stuff

Looking for some suggestions.

Really need replacements for both sides as due to age other side has a similar problem

IMG_20170225_165226.jpg

KevinH

The inner contact strip with the spade connector is available as a part as follows:

Part #: 93170240 Plate, Contact, Rear Number Plate Lamp (Kit)
(the above supersedes Part #'s: 9134971 & 9134972 Plate, Contact Rear Number Plate Lamp LH & RH)
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/93170240-kit-parts.aspx

The rear number plate lenses are actually different part numbers to the Astra G and Zafira.
If you require replacements for these as well the part # is 9135535
These come with a new gasket, the problem being it hardens with age and lets water in thus rusting the contacts.
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/9135535-number-plate-lamp-vectra-b-1224119.aspx

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

IDI AMIN

The inner contact strip with the spade connector is available as a part as follows:

Part #: 93170240 Plate, Contact, Rear Number Plate Lamp (Kit)
(the above supersedes Part #'s: 9134971 & 9134972 Plate, Contact Rear Number Plate Lamp LH & RH)
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/93170240-kit-parts.aspx

The rear number plate lenses are actually different part numbers to the Astra G and Zafira.
If you require replacements for these as well the part # is 9135535
These come with a new gasket, the problem being it hardens with age and lets water in thus rusting the contacts.
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/9135535-number-plate-lamp-vectra-b-1224119.aspx

Hope that helps. :)

Nice one Kev. It helps if you know where to look and the name.

It's not much use if you google `That thing that goes there'.

Just recently found out the proper word is contact plate, but still couldn't find the proper part, google had results for what looks like the astra one, that's shorter in length.

Cheers.(y) That's a good price as well for the 2

KevinH

Nice one Kev. It helps if you know where to look and the name.

It's not much use if you google `That thing that goes there'.

Just recently found out the proper word is contact plate, but still couldn't find the proper part, google had results for what looks like the astra one, that's shorter in length.

Cheers.(y) That's a good price as well for the 2

The part numbers are from EPC ;) then you can put these into AutoVaux's website to get the cost.
I assume the contact plate kit price is for two.

IDI AMIN

I assume the contact plate kit price is for two.

Very likely it's only for one. I ordered what i thought were 2 last night, from Auto vaux. I was earlier yesterday looking on ebay and messaged a guy about one's he had listed .

The pic showed 2 for £6.50 odd. But it was the one's with the straight connector, Not the angled 1 i need he sent item no. for what i need and pick only showed one for 9 quid. which is likely the case. I will hang on for a couple of day's though . With some slim hope, see what postie brings.

KevinH

Very likely it's only for one. I ordered what i thought were 2 last night, from Auto vaux. I was earlier yesterday looking on ebay and messaged a guy about one's he had listed .

The pic showed 2 for £6.50 odd. But it was the one's with the straight connector, Not the angled 1 i need he sent item no. for what i need and pick only showed one for 9 quid. which is likely the case. I will hang on for a couple of day's though . With some slim hope, see what postie brings.

Having looked at EPC again it also lists the quantity of parts required for the vehicle and shows the superseded part numbers 9134971 & 9134972 as requiring 1 of each, but the new part 93170240 (kit) states that 1 is required, which implies that two contact plates are in the kit. :confused:

It'll be interesting to see what turns up in the post ! :)

IDI AMIN

It'll be interesting to see what turns up in the post ! :)

Well goodie gum drops. There is indeed 2 in a pack

IMG_20170301_195824.jpg

As Sticker shows... set parts

IMG_20170301_181556.jpg

2 brand spanking new plates

IMG_20170301_181742.jpg

In position

IMG_20170301_194453.jpg

Along with 2 new, 24 Led, reg plate lights.

F##k me. I nearly blinded myself when i plugged in the first one

They're maybe a little too bright. It's like floodlights. It looks like they under car lights from the wing mirrors

A big improvement from no lights.

Last edited:

IDI AMIN

You need to remove that reg plate panel to fit the new contact plates. 4 bolts on each corner and 2 bolts that hold the lock as well.

you can only get to the connectors from inside the tailgate